Author Topic: That's one classy lady...  (Read 2089 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
That's one classy lady...
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »
 ;/

And she was 2nd in line to be Commander in Chief and Head of State for our Nation?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/197173-pelosi-plans-to-reveal-information-about-gingrich-when-the-time-is-right

If she has relevant information that the American People would appreciate to know about a prominent candidate and she is willing to give it up ever, she needs to give it up NOW.

I hate Newt.  I'm not voting for him any more than I'm voting for Obama.  I'm not defending Newt.

I'm defending the supposed integrity of the pursuit of higher office.

She's doing this for two reasons:
1.  Due to the shytstorm she is receiving, as an afterthought, due to Newt denouncing the commercial he made with her;
2.  To protect Newt's viability as a conservative candidate by appearing adversarial during the GOP primary season.

Newt is a Statist.  Pelosi is a Statist.

They are scratching each other's backs.

The ONLY way we will hear anything in regards to Newt, from Pelosi, is if Newt actually wins the Primary, and is within 5% of beating Obama next year, AND Pelosi can find a book publisher that gives her enough graft on the book rights to line her own pockets... after all, if you betray one fellow Statist in DC, you're not going to do business with him again in the future.  She's gotta get ahead financially to be able to afford the back-stabbing.

[barf]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: That's one classy lady...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »
I think the Left and MSM is still not truly understanding on a visceral gut-level... the national antipathy for Obama. Or the simple electoral math, such as swing states, like WI, without which he can't win have enacted election reform, which . And have had conservative landslides. Granted the Left has reacted to them violently, but the conservatives have weathered the storm.

I don't like Newt at all either, however, he'll mop the floor with Obama. And while he's a sleazy opportunist himself, as an opportunist, there's at least the chance the right Congress and the Tea Party types can give him the right opportunities to follow with a finger in the wind. And right now, anybody beating Romney for the nomination would be a good thing, just to defeat the Northeast blue-blood RINO establishment, despite Newt's own ties to it. Because of Romney, he's not perceived as being the RINO candidate, and for that sort of battle, that's what matters.

If Romney wins the nomination, and then POTUS, it'll set back the conservative backlash/Tea Party reforms for years, decades even. America might tighten it's belt just enough to avert disaster, but not nearly enough to prevent it from happening yet again in a few more years. Although I worry all we can do is buy time at this point. Newt, Romney, Obama... It's like being told you've got a choice between cancers, one that'll kill you in four years, one that will kill you in six years, and one that'll kill you in eight.

With only those choices, what you pick is obvious, but still...  =|

Lip service of truly Conservative/Libertarian ideals slowly has a habit of becoming actual policy. And to a great degree, what kind of Congress we get to send legislation to the POTUS is more important than the POTUS himself, at least as long as he's still nominally on the right side of the aisle. With Newt, I at least see a path by which he can be prodded with sticks and led with carrots to the right. Romney, like my other thread wondering aloud as how to do so, not so much...
I promise not to duck.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »
She's doing this for two reasons:
1.  Due to the shytstorm she is receiving, as an afterthought, due to Newt denouncing the commercial he made with her;
2.  To protect Newt's viability as a conservative candidate by appearing adversarial during the GOP primary season.

Newt is a Statist.  Pelosi is a Statist.

They are scratching each other's backs.

[tinfoil]  Do you REALLY think Pelosi would do anything to help Gingrich? ? ? ? ? ?   FerCrissakes man she's trying to poison Newt's chances, THAT'S what she's trying to do!!
 ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:12 PM »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »
I keep hearing how what Pelosi is doing is actually a House ethics violation.  After a quick look over their ethics website I haven't figured that one out.  Does anybody have a link to something that explains how and why what she is doing is an ethics violation? 

It sounds more like she is stuck in second grade right now and is going to tell the teacher that Newt was bad.  If her dirt was so good it should have been brought to light more than 20 years ago.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »
The information doesn't have to be all that bad.  All it has to do is flood the 24 hour news cycle at an appropriate time and Gingrich's access to the media is severed.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon