Author Topic: Boy Accused of Sexual Harassment After Fight  (Read 13865 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Boy Accused of Sexual Harassment After Fight
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »
IMO, that sort of attitude on the part of the leadership tolerating that behavior is what can eventually lead to other things the Catholic Church has gotten in trouble for. 
Just to be clear, as bad as my 4th grade nun was as a teacher - heck, as a human being - in eight years of Catholic elementary school, I was never the victim of a pedophile priest or nun, nor did I ever so much as hear rumors of anyone else being so victimized.

What I think ought to be done to pedophile priests is not a topic fit for armed POLITE society.  :mad:

. . . I have been Catholic all of my life, and just spent 7 months working on a local committee sanctioned by our Bishop to revitalize our Catholic schools. After all of the innovative recommendations by our lay members, the priests discounted all of the work,  . . . They believe that they know best, and do not need the 'laity scum' (my term)  telling them what to do.
My aunt & her ladies' club were helping her local church with fundraisers and such - but The Church wanted to control the money, and things weren't getting done. So the ladies began to REFUSE to turn the money over to the church, and instead told/asked them "What needs to be done around here? Tell us and we'll arrange it." As an example, if the church needed painting inside, they'd buy the paint & supplies, but get local volunteers to do the work. As a consequence, they got more - a LOT more - bang for the bucks. But of course, the church hierarchy didn't like it, since they couldn't siphon money off to "needy parishes" or some such.

Too bad. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain