Author Topic: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood  (Read 5866 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/10/05/florida-senate-candidate-once-sacrificed-a-goat-and-drank-its-blood/

For my own part i am glad the pagan libertarian did not kill a human and then drape its entrails on the boughs of an oak tree by the light of the moon.   

Invictus, an avowed pagan, sang a different tune on Friday when pressed further on some of his beliefs and practices.

“I did sacrifice a goat. I know that’s probably a quibble in the mind of most Americans,” he told the Associated Press.

“I sacrificed an animal to the god of the wilderness…Yes, I drank the goat’s blood.”
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:25:38 PM »
I thought all Libertarian candidates did that.  Just like all Tea Party members are child molesters.  The RNC and the liberal media both agree on this, so it must be true.   ;/  (ouch, I think I just sprained my eyes...)
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 12:35:17 PM »

It's generally a good idea to be discreet on the weirder parts of your religion. For everyone's benefit
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 01:18:03 PM »
College buddy and I would vacation together and attend church while on holiday.  We had an agreement that if folks came walking down the aisle in black robes leading a goat, we would both get up and leave, no words necessary.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 01:54:21 PM »
College buddy and I would vacation together and attend church while on holiday.  We had an agreement that if folks came walking down the aisle in black robes leading a goat, we would both get up and leave, no words necessary.

Cutting up a goat on an alter would have freaked me out less than a charismatic church I attended at the request of a friend. I may be wrong on the name. Rolling around on the floor, glossolalia (speaking gibberish) and other extremely hysterical behavior. I was with an atheist, and we were very much not sure what the hell to do. We thankfully had been sitting in a back corner. We got out, but we were both concerned if they knew our belief structures, we'd be ripped limb from limb.

Nothing against the religion, and strictly speaking about ANY crowd in such a heightened frenzy. I'm sure they're peaceful, decent people. But it was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in my life. Even moreso than digging up mass graves. They seemed absolutely normal, and then acted completely insane in the span of less than five minutes.

They have an absolute right to their belief system, but ever since then, I've wanted to own a SAW more than anything in this world.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
Cutting up a goat on an alter would have freaked me out less than a charismatic church I attended at the request of a friend. I may be wrong on the name. Rolling around on the floor, glossolalia (speaking gibberish) and other extremely hysterical behavior. I was with an atheist, and we were very much not sure what the hell to do. We thankfully had been sitting in a back corner. We got out, but we were both concerned if they knew our belief structures, we'd be ripped limb from limb.

Nothing against the religion, and strictly speaking about ANY crowd in such a heightened frenzy. I'm sure they're peaceful, decent people. But it was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in my life. Even moreso than digging up mass graves. They seemed absolutely normal, and then acted completely insane in the span of less than five minutes.

They have an absolute right to their belief system, but ever since then, I've wanted to own a SAW more than anything in this world.

I've known a lot of those people. They're odd, but harmless.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »
When I was exploring faiths as a teenager, I ran across a church like that. You're right. Absolutely disconcerting and strange. Like you, I bailed quietly out the back and made sure my truck wasn't followed.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 02:34:32 PM »

I stuck through the most heavily charismatic service (all 2+ hours) I ever attended because of the promise of good eats afterwards.  Well worth it, both for the chow and for the in-service entertainment (all the sort of things you described and more!).  I also felt obliged to stick around after dark due to the skeevy neighborhood and cluelessness of my fellow visiting congregants. 

Charismatics can be both enthusiastic and persistent, but I have never gotten a whiff of danger off them.  I suspect that is something you brought in on your own part.   Odd and silly to an outsider?  Sure.  Dangerous?  Not so much, might want to broaden some horizons.  Lots of enthusiasts crossing the line from sober to silly in many areas. 

Tony Robbins sez, "Unleash the power within!"

Need I mention all the near-psychotic goofy foolishness that pervades us.mil, or at least the small corner of it I occupied for a while?

FTR, I am not a big fan of numbers of folk in confined spaces.  Almost entirely a function of folk/sqft, not absolute number. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »

Good rule. Better rule:  at any religious gathering (or social gathering of large numbers), if a goat is trotted out to the front, leave. Leave, as in run and don't look back. Doesn't matter what color robes they are wearing.**

Rule may not apply in some instances in and around Juarez or Tijuana Mexico.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
So... at least as a Libertarian I can at least assume safely he's a supply-sider when it comes to the economics of goat blood?

I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »
Good rule. Better rule:  at any religious gathering (or social gathering of large numbers), if a goat is trotted out to the front, leave. Leave, as in run and don't look back. Doesn't matter what color robes they are wearing.**

Rule may not apply in some instances in and around Juarez or Tijuana Mexico.

Um, huh? Animal sacrifice (including goats) was an important part of Joodaism. You folks scared of Joos, or...?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »
Pagan here. We don't really care, much. Sacrifice your goat or whatever, I don't want to be near it. I'll be dancing naked around the bonfire.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »

Um, huh? Animal sacrifice (including goats) was an important part of Joodaism. You folks scared of Joos, or...?

I'm not sure I trust anyone that takes knives to their jimmies.  =|

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 11:46:03 PM »
Pagan here. We don't really care, much. Sacrifice your goat or whatever, I don't want to be near it. I'll be dancing naked around the bonfire.
You just had to top the disturbing pile didn't ya

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 11:57:40 PM »
Just like all Tea Party members are child molesters.

When did this become a thing? ???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »
When did this become a thing? ???

Yeah. I thought we were just good, God-fearin' racist rednecks. That all wear Brooks Brothers.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »

Probably a combo of "number of people going ape crazy" and "confined space". I'm sure they'll good people and all that. I just don't want to be in an extremely crowded room with a small number of exits, with ANYONE of ANY religion or philosophy that my brain is telling me is going completely bonkers. As long as it's a small number of folks or there are enough handy exits, I'm fine. Too weird, too many, too few escape routes? Not so fun.

Concur Battle Monkey. Folks pull out the goats or the crazy, smile and nod a lot while backing out of the room.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:09 AM »

I find that sort of thing both creepy and annoying, all at the same time.  This is supposed to be a word from God?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
I find that sort of thing both creepy and annoying, all at the same time.  This is supposed to be a word from God?

Oddly enough, some folk do not (at least by their actions) believe in the sufficiency of the Bible and seek out other revelation.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »
Was In work release in fairfax with a bunch of Druids. Druids because they had the longest " official church service" on Sunday you could sign yourself out for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 07:26:28 PM »
When going through boot camp I attended the LDS services because they were after the main religions were done and we (4 of us) were able to walk over vs. marching in a group. They also had the hottest women and best cookies!!  ;)

bob

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 07:29:06 PM »
Oddly enough, some folk do not (at least by their actions) believe in the sufficiency of the Bible and seek out other revelation.
Do you know anyone whose belief structure doesn't require any extrabiblical revelation, interpretation, or dogma?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
When going through boot camp I attended the LDS services because they were after the main religions were done and we (4 of us) were able to walk over vs. marching in a group. They also had the hottest women and best cookies!!  ;)

bob

Yep. Hot women with best cookies are good, God given things

Abraham Lincoln