Author Topic: LaPierre resigns from NRA  (Read 996 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: LaPierre resigns from NRA
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2024, 05:24:33 PM »
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/01/19/nra-board-member-says-chicanery-continues-after-lapierre-retirement-n79566

He's not officially out until the end of the month and besides it's going to take years to get the smell out, assuming it can be done, so of course the 'Chicanery Continues'
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2024, 01:06:05 AM »
He's not officially out until the end of the month and besides it's going to take years to get the smell out, assuming it can be done, so of course the 'Chicanery Continues'

You didn't read the article.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2024, 09:02:17 AM »
You didn't read the article.

I was mainly commenting on the clickbait headline. I failed at making that clear.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2024, 09:26:30 AM »
Don't be so fast to judge.  It was a comprehensive article with sources detailing hijinks during the changing of the guard.
I was mainly commenting on the clickbait headline. I failed at making that clear.
7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2024, 09:34:55 AM »
At the time I intrepided it wrong and took it at clickbait.

edit: Interpreted!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 05:33:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2024, 05:30:20 PM »
At the time I intrepided it wrong and took it at clickbait.

That is a time-honored tradition of the Age of Internet.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2024, 05:36:29 PM »
That is a time-honored tradition of the Age of Internet.

A tradition carried on from newspapers
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2024, 11:40:34 PM »
The president of Midway USA released a slobbering hagiography to commemorate LaPierre's career. You'd think he'd have enough sense to keep the big mouth shut.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2024, 12:43:05 AM »
The president of Midway USA released a slobbering hagiography to commemorate LaPierre's career. You'd think he'd have enough sense to keep the big mouth shut.

There's an old saying that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Larry Potterfield is why I buy from Midway only if I can't find what I want anywhere else.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2024, 06:50:32 PM »
Found guilty in NY. He has to pay $4.3 million.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nra-found-liable-money-mismanagement-by-manhattan-jury-says-former-ceo-wayne-lapierre-violated-duties

I don't know if the Epoch Times story is readable without a subscription, but the below was interesting. Seems like the board is still up to no good.

The jury did not find Mr. LaPierre liable for breaking laws against self-dealing regarding a post-employment contract with the NRA, valued at over $17 million. They found that the arrangement had been properly approved in advance by the NRA board.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/jury-finds-nra-head-wayne-pierre-liable-must-pay-4-3-million-in-damages-5594053
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2024, 12:47:29 AM »
Found guilty in NY. He has to pay $4.3 million.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nra-found-liable-money-mismanagement-by-manhattan-jury-says-former-ceo-wayne-lapierre-violated-duties

I don't know if the Epoch Times story is readable without a subscription, but the below was interesting. Seems like the board is still up to no good.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/jury-finds-nra-head-wayne-pierre-liable-must-pay-4-3-million-in-damages-5594053

Another article I read said LaPierre could be on the hook for $5.4 million. Still not enough, in my opinion, but better than nothing.

Many of the comments following your article, from people who are still fawning over LaPierre, were sickening.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2024, 07:55:05 AM »
Another article I read said LaPierre could be on the hook for $5.4 million. Still not enough, in my opinion, but better than nothing.

He IS on the hook for $5.4 million, but he apparently already paid back around $1 million prior to the judgement.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2024, 09:24:02 AM »
And LaPierre's "post-employment contract" with the NRA is worth $17,000,000?!?! WHAT?!?!?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2024, 09:37:59 AM »
He's laughing all the way to the suit store.
- Calvin and Hobbes