Author Topic: KC Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting  (Read 1324 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
KC Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting
« on: February 14, 2024, 04:11:58 PM »
Reported at least 10 people shot.
2 reportedly arrested
Developing story

Kansas City Chiefs parade shooting: At least one dead and multiple injured after gunmen open fire in Union Station while a MILLION gathered to watch Travis Kelce and teammates celebrate Super Bowl win
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13084401/Kansas-City-Chiefs-parade-descends-chaos-police-draw-guns-rush-Union-Station-fans-duck-cover-spectator-carted-hospital.html

1 dead, multiple people shot near Chiefs' Super Bowl victory rally in Kansas City
https://www.foxnews.com/us/dead-multiple-people-shot-near-chiefs-super-bowl-victory-rally-kansas-city

Chaos has broken out at the end of the Chiefs Super Bowl parade. Police and military personnel just took off inside of Union Station
https://twitter.com/NPNOWMeikel/status/1757858605015953585
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: KC Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 04:58:18 PM »
The alleged shooters appear to be of the "not old white guys" variety, so this should disappear in the next couple of days.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/02/14/shooting-reported-at-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-parade-n2392941
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 06:53:16 PM »
Kansas City is usually in the top 10 in the nation for homicides but they keep trying to move up in the rankings.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 07:39:13 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 07:50:32 PM »
And seeing reports of an "assault" rifle which could mean something that looks scary

New video has since emerged showing what sounds like rapid gun shot fire being let off at the parade.

Other footage shows the moment a suspect is tackled by Chiefs fans, with one woman seen picking up what appears to be an assault rifle.

The group hauled the alleged gunman to the ground and then shouted 'we got the gun.' The men held down the suspect until cops arrived to detain him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13085201/NINE-children-shot-Kansas-City-Super-Bowl-parade-left-one-dead-18-injured-new-footage-shows-moment-gunman-opened-fire-assault-rifle.html

I can't make out what that is except it's black and maybe rifle/carbine size

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 08:38:07 PM »
49ers fans:  "Maybe losing the game isn't so bad."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 09:07:58 PM »
And of course CNN has to attack Missouri's gun laws

Missouri gun laws make it difficult to secure events like the Super Bowl celebration, according to CNN analyst

Events like the Kansas City Super Bowl parade and rally are "almost impossible to completely secure," according to CNN senior law enforcement analyst Andrew McCabe.

"It is a massive open space. Tickets are not required. There are no gates and, you know, admission areas," the former deputy director of the FBI told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Wednesday.

McCabe noted that Missouri's gun laws do not require residents to have a state permit or licensing requirement before buying or owning rifles, shotguns or handguns, according to the National Rifle Association of America.

"You have a huge crowd and likely a large, you know, significant portion of that population carrying firearms. So any conflict or dispute can easily turn into a shooting and then you have what we saw today, and that's assuming it wasn't sort of a targeted or directed effort by people for political or other reasons," he said.

Some background: Everytown for Gun Safety, a non-profit organization that focuses on gun violence prevention, ranks Missouri as 38th in the country for gun law strength, noting it has "none of the foundational gun violence prevention laws." The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence says the state has "appallingly weak gun laws and one of the country’s highest gun death rates."
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 09:20:46 PM »
And heeeeeere's President Harris

Kamala Harris calls on Congress to pass “reasonable gun safety laws” after Kansas City shooting

Vice President Kamala Harris called on Congress members to pass “reasonable gun safety laws” after Wednesday’s shooting following a parade for the Super Bowl-winning Kansas City Chiefs.

“The reality of it is a lot of this can be prevented if members of legislatures, including the United States Congress, just have the courage to act with reasonable gun safety law,” Harris told reporters at Joint Base Andrews before stepping aboard Air Force 2 en route to the Munich Security Conference.

Harris added that her prayers are with those who have been affected by the shooting.

In September 2023, President Joe Biden established the first-ever White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention, and tasked the vice president with overseeing the office.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/kansas-city-chiefs-parade-shooting-02-14-24/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 09:50:38 PM »
It's all pre-scripted.

Case A, say this

Case B, say that

Case C, say the other thing

In all cases, anything that goes bang is an assault rifle.  Be sure to repeat those words at all opportunities.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 10:41:03 PM »
Funny how Vice President Black Female knows what would have prevented this well before the facts have come out.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 12:44:37 AM »
I'm guessing either someone of middle eastern genetics, or Sumdood trying to whack Dindu...

Given that I haven't been able to find anything out about the identity/identify of the shooter, I'm guessing protected class, buried immediately. Wondering if the guys the cops grabbed were maybe armed citizens who drew when they heard the shots...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 07:26:13 AM »
I think Bogie's right.  This is going to end up being gangbangers shooting at each other.

We might see some pistol brace agitation in the law makers though since that looks like a short "concealable" AR.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 07:52:41 AM »
I think Bogie's right.  This is going to end up being gangbangers shooting at each other.

Read they're already pretty much ruled out this was planned and are strongly hinting it was criminal activity. My guess rival gang members spotted each other.
Three people have been reported arrested.

One of them, supposedly the man tackled

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 05:15:42 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 07:56:07 AM »
Actually I'm wondering if the AR was even fired. He could have pulled it out after one or both of the other two started firing perhaps at him
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2024, 08:52:45 AM »
Think that's a ProMag 40 in the picture

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 AM »

One or two people killed and 10+ injured?  That is SOP for gangbanger morons.  See someone you don't like in a crowd, and open fire in the general direction. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2024, 12:08:46 PM »
An eyewitness to the horror Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting claimed a woman pleaded with a gunman 'don't do it' seconds before he spun in circles to pepper as many people with bullets as possible.

Jacob Gooch Jr, who was shot in the chaos alongside his wife and son, told CBS Mornings that he heard a young woman tell the shooter, 'not here, this is stupid.'

'My wife and daughter saw the gun come out and start shooting,' he said. 'My daughter said some lady was holding him back... then he pulled (the gun) out and started shooting and spinning in a circle.'

And from the mayor

He added in an interview with CBS that a motive for the massacre remains a mystery, and condemned the ease of access to firearms in Missouri as 'this is not the way I want to live.'

Lucas did not offer specifics on the type of gun used, but said it appeared to be 'some sort of rapid-fire firearm.'

Why don't you do something about the gangs in your city instead of blaming the gun? Oh wait, you're a democrat
And they still haven't IDed the gunman(s). Bet dollars to donuts he's/they're a repeat felon(s) they let back out on the street repeatedly. But you know, we need to ban guns.

Kansas City Chiefs parade shooter 'sprayed bullets into crowd by spinning in a circle' before fleeing, says witness
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13087931/kansas-city-chiefs-parade-shooting-witness-spinning.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 04:06:54 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2024, 12:12:50 PM »
This shooting would not have happened if that area had been declared a gun free zone.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2024, 05:14:21 PM »
Gang violence by juveniles is not domestic terrorism extremism.
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2024, 11:20:29 PM »
Gang violence by juveniles is not domestic terrorism extremism.

But it is handy when you need another preachy PSA on how many childr3n die each day from gun violence.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2024, 12:04:42 AM »
Three in custody, two are juvies (under 18) that may be certified as adults.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2024, 01:46:46 AM »
Likely a gang thing - KC has a MUCH worse problem with that than STL... They got organized back in the roaring 90s, where STL street/block gangs basically threw out the crips and bloods.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2024, 09:06:33 AM »
Interesting tangent: Six people were shot, one killed, in a NYC subway shooting on Monday. It may have been in the news, but I sure didn't see it.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/15/president-joe-biden-seems-to-have-overlooked-this-shooting-n2392996
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2024, 09:16:59 AM »
Interesting tangent: Six people were shot, one killed, in a NYC subway shooting on Monday. It may have been in the news, but I sure didn't see it.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/15/president-joe-biden-seems-to-have-overlooked-this-shooting-n2392996

Saw it in the news, almost posted something.
- Calvin and Hobbes