Author Topic: Obama Energy Sec: Americans Are Like ‘Teenage Kids’ When It Comes to Energy  (Read 9060 times)

longeyes

• friend
We're all inescapably on the ObamaGrid of total global interdependence.  We are all hooked together, and Obama is the Great Node.  Did he not tell the world just this morning that if someone farts in Alabama a polar bear at the North Pole keels over and a government in E. Europe collapses? 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
Words of wisdom from a man who thinks we need to paint house roofs and roads white to reduce global warming.  Being an idiot is a systemic condition and he has just demonstrated the validity of the concept.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

BridgeRunner

• friend
Yeah, well, Obama is like a little kid hiding from the monsters in the closet when it comes to energy.  They're shutting down an older coal plant a short walk from my house, and wondering what to do with the land and facilities. 

I think a nuclear reactor would be an excellent use of the spot.

But nuclear power is too scary.  =(

longeyes

• friend
Truly the time of Alice in Wonderland.

The Red Queen had them painting the roses red.

Chu the All-Knowing wants us to paint roofs and roads white.

We are called mindless adolescent energy-wasters while step by step they shut down industrial civilization and trees have their day in court.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend
painting roads white, could be quite entertaining in the rain,
think there are a lot of wrecks in the rain. just you wait :angel:

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Anyone who rides a bike in the rain knows to stay off the paint lines.  There is zero traction on road paint when it's wet.

MechAg94

• friend
I guess what this really underscores that most of those high minded liberals look down on the rest of America and think intelligent people (like them) are needed to make decisions and run things.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Burning wood is mean to trees.  The ecos and the emos don't like it.

Burn emos.  If you run out, the glow of your accomplishment will keep you warm.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
painting roads white, could be quite entertaining in the rain,
think there are a lot of wrecks in the rain. just you wait :angel:

Ever been snow blinded?  I can imagine the same thing coming off the roads.

Chu the All-Knowing wants us to paint roofs and roads white.

Besides, this is racist!!
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

longeyes

• friend
Chu should have been a champion for nuclear energy, promoting a massive crash program to reduce our energy dependency.  That he is anything but tells us what we need to know about him, Obama, and how this administration works.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
No kidding.  I'd give 'em some respect if their big stimulus effort had had involved building lots of nuclear power plants or something useful like that.  I wouldn't necessarily agree with the policy, but at least it would have something to do with improving infrastructure and going green and whatnot.