Author Topic: Well, I've learned something interesting...  (Read 1650 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Well, I've learned something interesting...
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »
If your FB friends are posting all of these memes about Kavanaugh is the most Hitleristic Hitler who ever Hitlered, and his accuser is Virgin Mary incarnate of truth and purity, you tend to get unfriended if you ask them how they feel about the Democrats doing their level best to whitewash the accusations against Keith Ellison.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Well, I've learned something interesting...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »
If your FB friends are posting all of these memes about Kavanaugh is the most Hitleristic Hitler who ever Hitlered, and his accuser is Virgin Mary incarnate of truth and purity, you tend to get unfriended if you ask them how they feel about the Democrats doing their level best to whitewash the accusations against Keith Ellison.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How dare you ruin their echo chamber, Mike!

As an aside, just how is it possible for you to STILL have liberal facebook friends at this point?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:08:35 PM »

That's useful information.  Thank you.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
Remember Juanita Broaddrick?  I do.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »

I wish book of faces would notify you when someone "unfriends" you. I would consider it cause for celebration.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 07:05:37 PM »
I wish book of faces would notify you when someone "unfriends" you. I would consider it cause for celebration.

If you're doing it right they will tell you in an undignified and loud manner before unfriending.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »
It’s a feature, not a bug.
Honestly, about the only partisan democrat I still have as a friend on FB was a very good friend of mine in HS.
We disagree about nearly everything except music, but we respect each other enough to keep things civil.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »
I hang out with some lib friends, but mainly because they are burnt out on politics too and I am not a very good social conservative. I have unfriended a few really Facebook ranty ones that are blind to their own side's transgressions. The Bob McDonnell witch Hunt removed a few of them, hypocrites all if they supported his replacement.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 07:59:32 PM »
I’m on a FB hiatus.

Between work (very leftist), mountain biking and oak savanna restoration work my fb feed is dominated by leftists.

Every political discussion is a dogpile on me. They are driven by feelings not facts or actual outcomes. Virtue signaling is more important than a society that actually works.

Very few dare to contradict the pack of leftist hyena’s so it’s generally me and a few libertarians trying to speak reasonably.

The libertarians are useless as they are all theory. There has never been a first world libertarian society, which ought to tell you all you need to know about that ideologies survival fitness ... but I digress.

For a while I thought counter propaganda and right wing memes might be effective on fb.

Lately, I view it as enemy territory and don’t see the value in exposing myself to the insanity.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 08:04:02 PM »
Face ... book? A book of faces? I fail to deduce any practical use for a book comprised of faces. What is this book of faces of which you speak?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
Face ... book? A book of faces? I fail to deduce any practical use for a book comprised of faces. What is this book of faces of which you speak?

Might I interest you in a binder full of women?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »
Are they looking for a sugar daddy?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 07:42:01 AM »
Remember Juanita Broaddrick?  I do.

I lost a couple of FB friends when I brought her up some time ago, as well...

And God forbid anyone mention that paragon of female empowerment, Teddy Kennedy...

I made a comment that Teddy built bridges with women constituents, then drove off them...

Holy *expletive deleted*ck that was poorly received!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How DARE I point out liberal hypocrisy? I'm such an evil Trumpista!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
It’s a feature, not a bug.
Honestly, about the only partisan democrat I still have as a friend on FB was a very good friend of mine in HS.
We disagree about nearly everything except music, but we respect each other enough to keep things civil.

I have unfriended ZERO liberals in my FB friends list. Not a single *expletive deleted*ing one.

However, at this point, I think I'm up to 8 or 9 who have unfriended me over guns, liberal lies, liberal hypocrisy, lying liberal hypocrites, etc.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 07:45:42 AM »

What? You mean you don't slice the faces off of your friends and enemies and put them in a scrapbook? A FACE Book?

*expletive deleted*ing pacifist!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »

I have unfriended ZERO liberals in my FB friends list. Not a single *expletive deleted*ing one.

However, at this point, I think I'm up to 8 or 9 who have unfriended me over guns, liberal lies, liberal hypocrisy, lying liberal hypocrites, etc.

That's how it more often than not works...
Except my wife. She's very lefty and tells me to tone down my FB activity- I don't.  >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »
I have liberal friends.  I don't talk about politics with them.  It works.  Don't do facebook either.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »
I lost a couple of FB friends when I brought her up some time ago, as well...

And God forbid anyone mention that paragon of female empowerment, Teddy Kennedy...

I made a comment that Teddy built bridges with women constituents, then drove off them...

Holy *expletive deleted*ck that was poorly received!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How DARE I point out liberal hypocrisy? I'm such an evil Trumpista!

I lost a few back when the Dem's did a tribute to Ted Kennedy at their 2012 Convention, by pointing out that he was the only politician with a confirmed kill in the "War on Women".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I recently had to unfriend my pretty much only remaining liberal friend when he just couldn't follow the APS Rule of "No Nicknames" on my FB page after several warnings.

And like Ron I've take a FB break.  My former 1SG and a couple of soldiers I served with are, it seems, having a completion to see who can post the most Anti-Trump/Pro-Obama stories in a day...most of them from BS liberal sites.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
I recently had to unfriend my pretty much only remaining liberal friend when he just couldn't follow the APS Rule of "No Nicknames" on my FB page after several warnings

You got rid of good ol Harry???? He was entertaining lol
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
What? You mean you don't slice the faces off of your friends and enemies and put them in a scrapbook? A FACE Book?

*expletive deleted*ing pacifist!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If I wanted to collect people's faces, I'd just use a camera. That way, along with preserving their faces I'd be stealing their souls.  >:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
If I wanted to collect people's faces, I'd just use a camera. That way, along with preserving their faces I'd be stealing their souls.  >:D

A good, sharp caping knife works well for that....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 03:57:29 PM »
Funny about the faces.  I just yesterday started reading the new Longmire book where there's a whole thing about removing people's faces and making soccer ball covers out of them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
One of my oldest friends is an attorney, propagandized in the 60's at the University of Michigan and it's law school.  His wife is so far gone libtard that she even scrunches up her face when I give her a jab or to at dinner.  Watching her talk makes me want to say to her, "Take the lemon out of your mouth, girl."  I have controlled myself so far.  We were Best Man in each other's weddings 53 and 52 years ago.  He didn't unfriend me but he blocked me.  Ha ha ha.  Then a couple months later when we were out to dinner, he asked how come he doesn't see any of my posts any more.  Ha ha ha ha.  I told him because you blocked me dumbass.

I try an not get too preachy about the left/lib/progressive hypocrisy in Facebook, but sometimes I just can't help myself.  I try and make my posts thought provoking rather than dogmatic.  That doesn't work with the FEELZ group...not at all.  It's like talking to a wall.  The odd thing is, most of them are highly edumacated and you would think they would be thoughtful people.  They aren't.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
Yes a good sharp knife and my catfish skinning pliers and then I can just put them on my wall.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »
One of my oldest friends is an attorney, propagandized in the 60's at the University of Michigan and it's law school.  His wife is so far gone libtard that she even scrunches up her face when I give her a jab or to at dinner.  Watching her talk makes me want to say to her, "Take the lemon out of your mouth, girl."  I have controlled myself so far.  We were Best Man in each other's weddings 53 and 52 years ago.  He didn't unfriend me but he blocked me.  Ha ha ha.  Then a couple months later when we were out to dinner, he asked how come he doesn't see any of my posts any more.  Ha ha ha ha.  I told him because you blocked me dumbass.

I try an not get too preachy about the left/lib/progressive hypocrisy in Facebook, but sometimes I just can't help myself.  I try and make my posts thought provoking rather than dogmatic.  That doesn't work with the FEELZ group...not at all.  It's like talking to a wall.  The odd thing is, most of them are highly edumacated and you would think they would be thoughtful people.  They aren't.
On that last, I have seen the same thing online and in person.  They assume they are right and pretty much nothing you can tell them will make them rethink that.  I figure they may rethink that at some point, but they have to get there on their own.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:19:44 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge