Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 83820 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #1050 on: November 19, 2023, 08:43:29 PM »
I don’t know. I’ve seen video of the fights, but I’m not the type of guy who sat down with a box of tissues and lotion to watch the trials.
Not trying to accuse anyone here of anything, but I haven't noticed anyone actually accused of violence.  It sort of makes me wonder who the specific people were that were involved in the "violence". 

Also, today I am hearing that capitol police start shooting non-lethal weapons into the crowd before stuff kicking off. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1051 on: December 01, 2023, 06:09:35 PM »
06JAN committee deposition videos used as evidence in the hearings are gone. The committee chair said he didn't feel they needed to preserve them.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie/2023/12/01/robert-w-malone-md-missing-jan-6-evidence-n2390395
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1052 on: December 01, 2023, 06:20:17 PM »
06JAN committee deposition videos used as evidence in the hearings are gone. The committee chair said he didn't feel they needed to preserve them.

https://twitchy.com/artistangie/2023/12/01/robert-w-malone-md-missing-jan-6-evidence-n2390395

If that is 100% true and not another extreme stretch of the truth conspiracy story, then all cases started by the Jan 6 committee needs to be dropped and the committee investigated. Prosecution of any member destroying evidence.

If it is false then the good doctor needs to STFU.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1053 on: December 01, 2023, 06:22:51 PM »
If that is 100% true and not another extreme stretch of the truth conspiracy story, then all cases started by the Jan 6 committee needs to be dropped and the committee investigated. Prosecution of any member destroying evidence.

If it is false then the good doctor needs to STFU.

https://thepoliticsbrief.com/house-republican-confirms-that-certain-j6-committee-videos-have-vanished/

“We found out about this early in the investigation when I received a call from someone who was looking for some information off one of the videotapes, and we started searching, and we had none,” Loudermilk indicated. “I wrote a letter to Bennie Thompson asking for them. And he confirmed that they did not preserve those types. He didn’t feel that they had to.”

“But according to House rules, you have to preserve any data and information and documents that are used in an official proceeding, which they did. They actually aired portions of these tapes on their televised hearings, which means they had to keep those. But yet he chose not to,” Loudermilk added. “I believe they exist somewhere. We’ve just got to find where all these videos are.”

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1054 on: December 01, 2023, 06:41:00 PM »
I guess we wait.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1055 on: December 05, 2023, 07:54:25 AM »
BLM arsonists given $500 fine. Sounds fair, man.

Note lower on the page, somebody else got 15 years for burning an LGBDFGHZ flag.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/04/two-defendants-who-burned-down-a-wendys-for-blm-will-pay-500-fine-n2390486

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1056 on: December 05, 2023, 01:39:21 PM »
How about this one?
They figure 2 1/2 years on home incarceration (already served) is punishment enough for murdering someone

DJ accused of killing bartender at Louisville nightclub will not serve jail time after taking plea deal
https://www.wave3.com/2023/12/05/dj-accused-killing-bartender-louisville-nightclub-will-not-serve-jail-time-after-taking-plea-deal/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:39:48 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1057 on: December 05, 2023, 04:45:24 PM »
Preferential treatment SUX.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1058 on: December 06, 2023, 11:46:44 AM »
Keeping You Safe: Here Are 10 More Dangerous Jan 6 Criminals The FBI Just Arrested
https://babylonbee.com/news/keeping-you-safe-here-are-10-more-dangerous-jan-6-criminals-the-fbi-just-arrested
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1059 on: December 14, 2023, 08:53:21 AM »
The Babylon Bee but not satire

Says ANTIFA people he recognized was in the MAGA crowd urging the crowd on to do something

The Babylon Bee sits down with Siaka Massaquoi to talk about how the FBI recently separated him from his pregnant wife at the airport and arrested him over charges related to January 6th. What really happened on January 6th and what was Siaka doing at the Capitol Building?

FBI Arrests Babylon Bee Actor Siaka Massaquoi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWQ4sBHFR4
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1060 on: January 06, 2024, 10:06:35 AM »
The Babylon Bee July 2022

Joe Biden Jan 2023
President Biden
@POTUS
You can’t be pro-insurrection and pro-America.
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1743425668514271662

AMAZING! Biden's J6 Speech Was 'Another Babylon Bee Prophecy Fulfilled'
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/06/bidens-j6-speech-was-another-babylon-bee-prophecy-fulfilled-n2391441

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1061 on: January 06, 2024, 10:15:49 AM »
Dude was bragging about sending protestors and trespassers away for a combined 840 years. Also this is apparently now by far the largest FBI effort in the history of the FBI. If true, that would mean they dedicated more resources to this than to 9/11. That's disgusting.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1062 on: January 06, 2024, 10:19:22 AM »
Dude was bragging about sending protestors and trespassers away for a combined 840 years. Also this is apparently now by far the largest FBI effort in the history of the FBI. If true, that would mean they dedicated more resources to this than to 9/11. That's disgusting.

9/11 - some people did something.
J6 -
    BIDEN: "We nearly lost America" on January 6th. pic.twitter.com/OLuHFybdeJ
    — Townhall.com (@townhallcom) January 5, 2024
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1063 on: January 06, 2024, 11:38:51 AM »
Speaking of J6

The family of a 35-year-old California woman who was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer during the Jan. 6 insurrection has filed a $30 million wrongful death lawsuit against the U.S. government.

Ashli Babbitt was shot and killed Jan. 6, 2021, while she tried to climb through a broken door into the Speaker's Lobby outside the House Chamber, as a mob of dozens of supporters of then-President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol while lawmakers were preparing to certify the results of the 2020 election. The shooting was captured on cell phone video. Babbitt later died at a hospital.

Ashli Babbitt's family files $30 million lawsuit over Jan. 6 shooting death
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ashli-babbitt-january-6-capitol-shooting-wrongful-death-lawsuit/

There's a bunch of other news articles but if you're have blood pressure issues stay out of the comments because the TDS reading is off the scale in many.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1064 on: January 06, 2024, 01:43:33 PM »
Gives me the chills just reading it especally when his Ranger training skills kicked in, anyway.........

Attn. Community Notes! Dem Rep Shares Harrowing Tale of Survival at the Capitol on Jan. 6
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/06/attn-community-notes-dem-rep-shares-harrowing-tale-of-survival-at-the-capitol-on-jan-6-n2391445

Put me in mind somewhat of the old Gecko45 Mall Ninja postings
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 02:15:09 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1065 on: January 06, 2024, 01:52:42 PM »
Gives me the chills just reading it especally when his Ranger training skills kicked in, anyway.........

Attn. Community Notes! Dem Rep Shares Harrowing Tale of Survival at the Capitol on Jan. 6
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/06/attn-community-notes-dem-rep-shares-harrowing-tale-of-survival-at-the-capitol-on-jan-6-n2391445

Actually it reminds me somewhat of the old Gecko45 Mall Ninja postings

I like how he's hunkered down in "incoming" mode while others are sitting around with crossed legs and surfing their phones like they're in the dentist's waiting room.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1066 on: January 06, 2024, 02:08:14 PM »
Brave Sir Robin
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1067 on: January 07, 2024, 07:52:38 AM »
MSNBC "news":

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/msnbc-host-fights-back-tears-jan-6-segment-im-going-to-try-to-get-this

Also:

The segment came just one day after the D.C. Court of Appeals ruled on Friday that defendants illicitly present in the Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot can be convicted even if they were passively observing the events inside.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1069 on: January 07, 2024, 09:15:32 AM »
Not to be out done by the above here's AOC

https://twitter.com/Shaughn_A2/status/1743843705545539924

"saw this white man!" I can only imagine the trauma that caused
I had brain cells jump ship watching that  :facepalm:

She Wasn't THERE: AOC's Weepy J6 Retelling Does NOT FAIL to Entertain and Annoy TF Out of Twitter (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/07/aoc-j6-n2391472

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 10:07:03 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1070 on: January 07, 2024, 10:26:40 AM »
Also, from that court ruling:

"First, it is well-established that whether conduct qualifies as disorderly depends on the surrounding circumstances," the court wrote. "Courts consistently observe that ‘whether a given act provokes a breach of the peace depends upon the accompanying circumstances,’ making it ‘essential that the setting be considered.’"

"Second, it is equally clear from caselaw that even passive, quiet and nonviolent conduct can be disorderly," the ruling continued.

That's pretty Great Britian-ey, where you can stand in front of an abortion clinic and scream obscenities and use "violent language" as long as it's pro-abortion. If you stand in the same spot and pray in your head  for the children aborted there, you are committing a crime.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1071 on: January 08, 2024, 09:09:17 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1072 on: January 08, 2024, 12:23:20 PM »
What a steaming pile of _____
I don't know what's worse the video or the comments

https://twitter.com/libradunn/status/1743234238290198748
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1073 on: January 08, 2024, 01:08:19 PM »
What a steaming pile of _____
I don't know what's worse the video or the comments

https://twitter.com/libradunn/status/1743234238290198748

I am often quite pleased that with twitter's current interface, non-twitter people are unable to see comments or anything else below the linked post.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1074 on: January 08, 2024, 01:15:12 PM »
I am often quite pleased that with twitter's current interface, non-twitter people are unable to see comments or anything else below the linked post.

But you can see the video right?
- Calvin and Hobbes