Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 83613 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #1075 on: January 08, 2024, 01:19:02 PM »
But you can see the video right?

Sadly, yes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1076 on: January 08, 2024, 01:22:28 PM »
Sadly, yes.

Well the comments are mostly people praising him for his bravery and thanking him for saving our democracy that day with only a few calling him for his BS
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1077 on: January 08, 2024, 02:48:43 PM »
What a steaming pile of _____
I don't know what's worse the video or the comments

https://twitter.com/libradunn/status/1743234238290198748
The funny part is I don't see any violence in that fake video.  Just people throwing stuff on the floor and dumping trash cans. 

That said, from a campaign point of view, it is a good video for drumming up controversy and making sure a whole lot more people are aware of his campaign.  Stirring the pot can work especially in the politics of today.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1078 on: January 09, 2024, 08:44:45 AM »
    3 years ago today, I was there in the U.S. Capitol. We were minutes away from being violently attacked. I saw what happened, I felt what happened. And so did you.

Donald Trump is a traitor to the United States of America. Don’t ever forget it. pic.twitter.com/NhBYq1GIM3
    — Steve Cohen (@RepCohen) January 6, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/08/cohen-j6-tweet-n2391467

Not sure he could see much out of that thing

https://twitter.com/RepCohen/status/1743654606662447195

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1079 on: January 09, 2024, 09:27:16 AM »
Why would he have been wearing a 5 minute escape pack?  (or at least that is what it looks like)   Was the FBI planning to gas the Capitol building?

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1080 on: January 09, 2024, 12:48:19 PM »
Ray Epps Sentenced, Evades Jail Time
https://www.dailywire.com/news/ray-epps-sentenced-evades-jail-time

That was quick.  Plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge. 

Ray Epps, a mysterious January 6 figure some theorized to be a federal informant, has been sentenced to a year of probation for his participation in the January 6, 2021, Capitol breach, evading the year sentence suggested by prosecutors.

Epps, 62, was ordered to pay $500 in restitution and serve 100 hours of community service in addition to probation.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 01:53:57 PM by MechAg94 »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1081 on: January 09, 2024, 01:08:33 PM »

That was quick.  Please guilty to a misdemeanor charge.

Unbelievable. But then, kinda believable.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1082 on: January 09, 2024, 05:36:20 PM »
So it wasn't an insurrection after all:

POLITICO
@politico
Ray Epps, pro-Trump rioter smeared by conspiracy theories, gets probation for role in Capitol riot

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1083 on: January 10, 2024, 07:52:38 AM »
A Sailor who transmitted secrets to Chinese intelligence just got 27 months (not 18 years).

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-navy-service-member-pleads-guilty-transmitting-sensitive-us-military-information-chinese

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1084 on: January 10, 2024, 08:05:24 AM »
Why would he have been wearing a 5 minute escape pack?  (or at least that is what it looks like)   Was the FBI planning to gas the Capitol building?

I figured that was his COVID outfit
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1085 on: January 10, 2024, 08:32:30 AM »
A Sailor who transmitted secrets to Chinese intelligence just got 27 months (not 18 years).

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-navy-service-member-pleads-guilty-transmitting-sensitive-us-military-information-chinese

Well, he's a Democrat, so...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #1086 on: January 10, 2024, 10:28:24 AM »

That was quick.  Plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge. 

A 70 year old grandmother got 6 months jail.
Formerly sumpnz

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #1087 on: January 10, 2024, 11:16:41 AM »
A 70 year old grandmother got 6 months jail.

Apparently she wasn't a card carrying member.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1088 on: January 15, 2024, 10:22:38 AM »
Apparently some recently released radio recordings have the capitol cop that shot Ashli Babbitt claiming he was taking fire just before he shot her. Also he got promoted to Captain.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/article/exclusive-after-shooting-ashli-babbitt-capitol-police-lt-made-false-radio-report-lawsuit-5558897

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1089 on: January 15, 2024, 10:27:06 AM »
The more we learn the more it stinks
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #1090 on: January 15, 2024, 11:41:21 AM »
It does get pretty crazy the more you get into it. J6 was without a doubt a "soft" coup that was well planned out by (treasonous) US security forces  along with the (corrupt n' rotten) political establishment. Does anyone think that Pelosi jumping to the very specific word "insurrection" even before the smoke cleared at the Capitol and all media outlets parroting it was just happenstance? Using the events of J6 to invoke the 14th amendment was not an afterthought. I don't think it worked out as smoothly as they planned even though Liz Cheney tried real hard LOL

It's concerning to see that the gloves are off. The entities that are currently controlling the government and it's agencies will stop at nothing to cling onto power. Their desperation reeks. I'm just bracing for whatever their move will be for 2024. One thing is certain though, tyranny always comes into power through "an emergency" and the fear filled people usually accept it.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1091 on: January 15, 2024, 12:53:29 PM »
Apparently some recently released radio recordings have the capitol cop that shot Ashli Babbitt claiming he was taking fire just before he shot her. Also he got promoted to Captain.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/article/exclusive-after-shooting-ashli-babbitt-capitol-police-lt-made-false-radio-report-lawsuit-5558897

Be interesting to see what comes out on that in the lawsuit and then no doubt gets buried by the media.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1092 on: January 15, 2024, 12:56:58 PM »
Be interesting to see what comes out on that in the lawsuit and then no doubt gets buried by the media.

Yeah, and apparently some other cops started it down on the ground floor, supposedly mistaking breaking glass for gunshots and calling out "shots fired" before he did.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1093 on: January 15, 2024, 01:40:38 PM »
Yeah, and apparently some other cops started it down on the ground floor, supposedly mistaking breaking glass for gunshots and calling out "shots fired" before he did.

You would think they would know what a gunshot sounds like but maybe with everybody yelling etc...
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1094 on: January 15, 2024, 02:54:52 PM »
You would think they would know what a gunshot sounds like but maybe with everybody yelling etc...

They've probably never heard one without ear-pro.

Not trying to make excuses for the cops, but I know that recognizing gunshots (either incoming fire, or people shooting at other people nearby) can sometimes be difficult.  I've seen folks in a combat zone look at each other for a couple shots thinking "is that gunfire?".

I bet those cops were also primed by their higher to expect that evil racist MAGA crowd to be armed to the teeth, so they were expecting gunfire and that's what they interpreted loud sounds to be.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1095 on: January 16, 2024, 11:25:34 AM »
Pelosi's chief of security lied under oath. We only know this because Mike Johnson has released the raw video. The Oathkeepers who stood between capitol cop Harry Dunn (who also lied under oath, and who was also the agitated one, threatening to "take a bunch of people with me") and some agitated protestors were sent to prison because of this lie.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1746974003317579834

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/16/lazarus-j6-lie-oath-keepers-n2391798

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #1096 on: January 16, 2024, 01:06:48 PM »
What I fear is that there is little (bordering on no) chance of pulling this country back to something even vaguely resembling a proper constitutional republic without a Pinochet style coup and much bloodshed.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1097 on: January 16, 2024, 01:09:56 PM »
Pelosi's chief of security lied under oath. We only know this because Mike Johnson has released the raw video. The Oathkeepers who stood between capitol cop Harry Dunn (who also lied under oath, and who was also the agitated one, threatening to "take a bunch of people with me") and some agitated protestors were sent to prison because of this lie.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1746974003317579834

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/16/lazarus-j6-lie-oath-keepers-n2391798

It's not a lie if it supports the narrative
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1098 on: January 16, 2024, 03:02:26 PM »
What I fear is that there is little (bordering on no) chance of pulling this country back to something even vaguely resembling a proper constitutional republic without a Pinochet style coup and much bloodshed.

I fear you are correct.  However, once the Pandora's Box of bloody coups is opened, that will be our future.  Repeated bloody coups until the nation totally fragments.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1099 on: January 25, 2024, 01:10:51 PM »