Author Topic: Well, what do you know...there ARE guns on the street!  (Read 7215 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Well, what do you know...there ARE guns on the street!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »
sorry if you thought i was referencing you   far from it

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=402677

here's what i was referring to
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 05:55:05 PM »
Do most SWAT teams really use NFA versions of the M4?
A close friend of mine is doing his training with the local Sheriff's department and his FTO is on the Emergency Response Team.  While the rest of the department keep semi-auto AR variants in their cars, the ERT guys get shorty Sig 552s with the fun bits intact but disabled.  They can disassemble the rifle and remove the shim that prevents you from going to burst and full auto if necessary, but usually keep it in semi-only mode.

FYI.

Owens

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »
You are accused of stealing a weapon prohibited from unlicensed possession by the national firearms act. How plead you?

NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You assumed I was taking it inside.
Life Member NRA, TSRA

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »
Take the upper, leave the lower...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »
Not liking authority = healthy at any age.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 02:28:11 AM »
I would secure it (as I don't like loaded guns in my yard)  and the second I noticed the third position on the safety, I'd call the local BATFE and tell them I found an NFA Item, could they come get it.  Let them run the serial and figure out whose it is, and I figure the Feds would love to give the locals a hard time about losing a machine gun.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 02:33:07 AM »
Is it wrong to think how nice it'd be to leave them a stripped lower to find? The rest are just parts, afterall...  :angel:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 02:55:09 AM »
I'd more than likely follow the shovel and shut up rule. But it would be funny to completely strip it down, hide the parts everywhere, and leave notes leading to each part,   :angel:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 08:39:20 AM »
I'd more than likely follow the shovel and shut up rule. But it would be funny to completely strip it down, hide the parts everywhere, and leave notes leading to each part,   :angel:
Especially if you used a computer at, say, the library, and posted hints every day . . . and notified the news media, BATF, and the local police about it. Then it'd be a race to see who could get to them first - the police, a reporter, or the pizza guy.

Could even make it a puzzle, with each hint hidden in a riddle . . .    =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

oldfart

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »
I must live in a very good neighborhood.  Even if something like that were found I doubt anyone would even raise an eyebrow over me carrying it inside.  A couple of months ago I put an AK kit together.  One neighbor had told me he wanted to see it when I finished it.  I walked down the sidewalk with an AK in one hand and my 2-year old granddaughter hanging onto the other.  It was a nice, sunny day with people working in their gardens and no one even seemed to notice the rifle.  There were a few comments about the 'cute little girl' though.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 09:31:53 PM »

Sounds like fun for geocachers. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it