Author Topic: Got a letter from the RNC  (Read 8298 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: Got a letter from the RNC
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 05:35:17 AM »
Ya got my vote, which is more than McCain will get.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »
I'd also announce the formation of a group to explore the efficacy of a national program to create a high speed electrical elevated rail system using the interstate highway rights of way which would provide safe, inexpensive travel and shipping around the country.

Interesting, but sounds non-viable to me if it is to include freight services.

Terminals, coupling/uncoupling, etc.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 05:23:23 PM »
The train system would  have two rails opposite each other.  Freight would run separately from passenger service.  Short haul trucking would prosper.  Auto sales to rental companies would prosper if people were traveling more.  Sales of small cars and hybrid trucks might surge.  Thinking with the long view being a change in how we move around in America and power that change.  Nuclear powered electric power is my thought.  Wouldn't happen overnight, but would be a plan with a vision and might take 25 years.  Americans need leaders who take a long view of our future who have a vision for progression into the 21st century.

The nay sayers regarding oil are fools.  Obama just put his foot in his mouth again a day or so ago when he proposed we reject our "addiction to oil".  Some Americans are so gullible to high sounding speech with no substance or answers.  Oil and gas are what makes the world go round at the moment.  Maybe not in 50 years, but in the short run it is the only viable means of freedom and prosperity that would lead us into the paradigm shift that's needed.  So we need to get it, refine it and  use it.  50 years is a short time and a long time.  It's short in the vast scheme of things, but it's two generation of investment and wealth creation with an eye toward the segue into whatever shakes out as the replacement for oil.  Electricity probably will be the answer.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw