Author Topic: Democrat Superdelegate Openly Selling Vote.  (Read 3612 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Democrat Superdelegate Openly Selling Vote.
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:24 AM »
http://cbs13.com/local/Superdelegate.Vote.Ybarra.2.718616.html

DNC Superdelegate Puts His Vote Up For Sale
Steven Ybarra Wants $20 Million For His Vote
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) ― In this tight battle for the Democratic nomination we've heard a lot about the candidates courting superdelegates.

But, one superdelegate is courting the candidates. He says he'll sell his vote for a price. A very high price: $20 million.

Steven Ybarra of Sacramento says that eight-figure price is peanuts for the presidency.

When asked whether it was right to offer what is clearly a quid pro quo, he responded, "yeah, absolutely. People do it all the time," answered Ybarra. [That's the way Democrats think]

But not like this. Not in public and not for such big bucks. It begs the question: Is he crazy?

"Nobody's said I'm crazy," said Ybarra.

Ybarra wants every cent of the $20 million to go towards registering and educating eligible Mexican-American voters, who he calls the key to the White House.

"And I keep asking the question of the DNC: 'why won't you earmark money for these voters?' And their answer is, 'oh, we can't do that' Which is a lie," said Ybarra.

With the Democratic National Committee saying 'no,' Ybarra waits for a 'yes' from already cash-strapped Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Would he accept less? How about $5 million?

"No, $5 million is nothing," said Ybarra.

It might be a moot point as neither campaign has come calling.

"No, I think most people right now are looking at this as some crazy guy in California because after all I'm from California," said Ybarra.

He thinks his own party is crazy for not aggressively pursuing the Mexican-American vote especially with such a large Mexican-American population in the southwest.

"We should kick John McCain's a** in his own hometown," said Ybarra.

This superdelegate thinks his vote would be the best $20 million a candidate could ever spend. After all, he says, in 2004 John Kerry spent $1 billion to lose.

And yes, he's a Lawyer.   $20 Mil to register illegal aliens.  That's a lot of votes.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Democrat Superdelegate Openly Selling Vote.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
Isn't it illegal to register illegal aliens to vote?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
He didn't specifically say "illegal aliens"... he said Mexican Americans.

In California, they have no means or intention of telling the difference between the two.  In Arizona, we have different ideas about that and require proof of ID at the polls.

They'd probably be happy registering dead illegal aliens if they could.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:53:47 AM »
What the hell is a super delegate anyway? What makes his/her vote any more important than anyone else? Is this some elaborate crap the Dems came up with? Why aint the Repubs involved with this Super duper Delegate crap?

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »
What the hell is a super delegate anyway? What makes his/her vote any more important than anyone else? Is this some elaborate crap the Dems came up with? Why aint the Repubs involved with this Super duper Delegate crap?

It's a pretty convoluted story, this is the most concise piece I could find:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/02/17/80s_rules_reform_skews_democrats_nominee_process/?page=1
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »
Who says representatives of the Democratic (sic) party are never honest?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »

It was the system setup by the DNC to ensure that the '68 (riots) and '72 (losing badly) would never happen again.  

Party elders (aka The Smart People) would still be able to pick/determine the nominee just in case the nutjobs managed to get it together to select another nutball.

How democratic...... rolleyes

Republicans don't have them because we trust republicans not to pick a whackjob.  

EDIT:  I just read the article in XF's link.  How typical of Democrats....Keep messing with the system until you get the desired result......
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
Republicans don't have them because we trust republicans not to pick a whackjob.  
I think there are republican superdelegates, just far fewer of them. IIRC, just a handful.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »
And we have Clinton wanting the SuperD's to promise their support and not say anything about it.  Wants it to be all secret and stuff.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 06:42:12 AM »
I think there are republican superdelegates, just far fewer of them. IIRC, just a handful.

The Republicans have "unpledged delegates" about 170 of them and they are required to vote the same as the districts they represent. http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm Unlike the loose cannon "superdelegates" of the Democrat party who can sell or do whatever they want with their vote.........