Author Topic: Anyone want to buy a turn-key embroidery/awards business?  (Read 897 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Anyone want to buy a turn-key embroidery/awards business?
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:15:07 AM »
A good friend picked up a full-service embroidery and awards shop.  Long story, but he bought it for pennies on the dollar because the guy that owned the business was renting his building.  The guy set up shop and ran it for a year, then walked into the bank, handed them the keys, and said "It's yours."  Don tried to make a go of it but, as he put it, "my heart just wasn't in it".  He's too independent to run a place with a bunch of employees and a retail storefront.  Not his cup of tea so he wants to get out.

It's a helluva deal for someone - full embroidery shop, a complete screen printing shop, and a fully stocked trophy/plaque/award shop.  I think he's asking $390,000 for the whole thing, including the building.

I think his web site is still active even though the business is officially closed.  www.royaldesignusa.com  If you're interested you can give Don a call at 778-3304, area code 806

Brad

*Chris, thanks for moving the thread. I'll pay more attention next time! -Brad*
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Anyone want to buy a turn-key embroidery/awards business?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:44:28 AM »
So what's the weather like in Lubbock?

If you so much as mention humidity the deal is off!

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »
The south plains is a semi-arid area.  Lubbock humidity is very low.  Average most days is in the 20-30% range.  Today is an oddity, what with the remains of Dolly pushing a buttload of gulf moisture into the area.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »
Sounds like a sweet gig.  Too bad I don't have a few hundred thousand laying around. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!