Author Topic: Lawyers prosecuting Trump resign  (Read 342 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Lawyers prosecuting Trump resign
« on: February 24, 2022, 09:26:47 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/new-york-lawyers-prosecuting-trump-resign-throwing-future-case-doubt-1682011

My question is why?  NY.gov is hostile to trump in every way. I don't think they had anything to lose if they kept going, even if they found nothing.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Lawyers prosecuting Trump resign
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 09:31:55 PM »
FWIW I read the case is so incredibly weak that they assigned lower profile lawyers to the case as nobody with any sense wanted to go near it. Even the "nobodies" they gave the case to didn't want to touch it, it is that weak. They'd rather resign than be identified with the clunker.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Lawyers prosecuting Trump resign
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
Yes, it's weird.  Perhaps they know nothing is there and had a sudden attack of ethics?  :rofl:  Although, as sleazy as Trump is, it's hard to imagine there not being any dirt.  (I thought he was a surprisingly good president, and I voted for him, but he's a despicable person)
"It's good, though..."