Author Topic: Steal $45M...  (Read 713 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Steal $45M...
« on: May 10, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »
... and get caught cause you had a backpack full of cash when you went to the ATM (who doesn't know they are taping EVERYTHING!?) and took pictures of yourself with the cash.

http://news.yahoo.com/feds-nyc-hackers-stole-45m-atm-card-breach-155109500.html

Smart enough to hack the system. Too stupid to hide the fact that you hacked the system!

This is like Richard Pryor in Superman...2? 3?, driving up to work the next day in a Ferrari.

Just goes to show, fiction is harder because people have to be consistent for the readers to "believe" them as a character. In real life, people are stupid and inconsistent.

("Oh, sure, the author builds these guys up as GENIUS SUPERHACKERS, and then they post their heist on Facebook? Come on, no one who could steal that much money would be that dumb...")
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
Re: Steal $45M...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
Note to self, if I ever decide to become a criminal mastermind:

1. Don't take pictures of myself with the ill-gotten gains.

2. Don't post said pictures on Facebook or YouTube.

3. Don't start commuting to my day job in a Ferrari or Rolls.

etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:10:55 PM »
Note to self, if I ever decide to become a criminal mastermind:

1. Don't take pictures of myself with the ill-gotten gains.

2. Don't post said pictures on Facebook or YouTube.

3. Don't start commuting to my day job in a Ferrari or Rolls.

etc.

4. Be a traditionalist.  Grow a mustache.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:28:22 PM »
Well, I can check off #4.  ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:57:43 PM »
5. Profit!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic