Author Topic: Steamburgers is yes!  (Read 2599 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Steamburgers is yes!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
Entire process takes about 2/12 minutes.

Ten seconds  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zahc

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »
Two words: sous vide
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
Foreman grills are also excellent for making grilled cheese sammiches.
Two words: sous vide

I don't think I'd care for sous-vide grilled cheese sammiches . . .

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »
Foreman grills are also excellent for making grilled cheese sammiches.  I always go by the warming light for timing and they come out perfectly.

1. Plug the foreman in and observe warming light turn on.
2. Get out supplies and start buttering two pieces of bread and getting ready with two slices of cheese.
3. As soon as the warming light clicks off on the grill, assemble the sammich inside and close the lid.
4. The thermal mass and sizzling of the butter will cause the grill ready light to click on again.
5. Cleaning up all the stuff you got out in step 1.
6. Warming light will click off after a minute.  Your sammich is now delicious.
7. Eat.

Entire process takes about 2/12 minutes.

Yeah, my sister-in-law gave us a George Foreman for Xmas (I usually spell out Christmas, but I'm just kinda lazy today. ;)) and I thought "Great, another counter ornament". We're now on our second (wanted a larger one) George and it see's a lot of use.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G