Author Topic: Stay healthy, everyone  (Read 1070 times)

Neemi

• friend
Stay healthy, everyone
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »
There's a nasty virus spreading - and it's not ebola. It's a particularly nasty cold caused by enterovirus. Oh - and it spreads like crazy.

Coworkers here have already seen it. Yay.  ;/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/07/health/respiratory-virus-midwest/index.html?hpt=he_c1

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Stay healthy, everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
And are we assured it has nothing to do with the many busloads of border-crossing school age dreamers distributed across our country?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:23:35 PM »
We have it here in Cincinnati, in fact Children's Hospital and Medical Center is reporting that they had 500 admission over the weekend for this virus.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »
I woke up with it on 08-29. My strength is just getting back to where I can work an hour or two a day. Being self employed that really sucks.

I think my triple infection this spring my have made it easier for me to get whacked by it. The little girl had a cough for a few days and then cleared up.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
The local news station said they think it's reached Virginia, too.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »

I hope it doesn't reach Elizabeth  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 02:26:08 PM »

I had a pretty good cold Wed-Sun last week.  It faded away quickly enough, but I've had a nasty bought of asthma-related chest pressure and coughing ever since. 

Chris

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »
I had a pretty good cold Wed-Sun last week.  It faded away quickly enough, but I've had a nasty bought of asthma-related chest pressure and coughing ever since.  

Chris

Had something similar.  Hit hard with sinus congestion that quickly became chest congestion.  Sudafed and Mucinex for around five days.  Yesterday was the first day I noticed I wasn't feeling the chest congestion anymore.

(Edited for fat fingering on phone).
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »
I had a pretty good cold Wed-Sun last week.  It faded away quickly enough, but I've had a nasty bought of asthma-related chest pressure and coughing ever since. 

Chris

I don't have asthma, but the last time I had coughing, and had trouble breathing after a cold, it was bronchitis.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

My wife had the bronchitis a week or so ago, and I've had a raging cold for the past few days. Tedious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 05:39:14 PM »
I'm prone to getting bronchitis.  Turns out, I've had mild asthma my entire life.

Chris

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
I've read that this particular disease was very uncommon in America, but strongly represented in the Central/South American countries many of the "undocumented migrant children" the feds have been busing around the country come from. Can anyone confirm that?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »
 [tinfoil]
Nothing to worry about. Any conjecture that the oppressed refugees that have been provided sanctuary in the US might spread disease and parasitic vermin is just unacceptable displays of racism.
 [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »
I've read that this particular disease was very uncommon in America, but strongly represented in the Central/South American countries many of the "undocumented migrant children" the feds have been busing around the country come from. Can anyone confirm that?

No proof one way or another here - just some good, old-fashioned anecdotal data.

Enterovirus is common (and never any fun). I see it frequently. This strain, Enterovirus 68, is just particularly nasty.  It could be imported, but I wouldn't be surprised if it developed here.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »
No proof one way or another here - just some good, old-fashioned anecdotal data.

Enterovirus is common (and never any fun). I see it frequently. This strain, Enterovirus 68, is just particularly nasty.  It could be imported, but I wouldn't be surprised if it developed here.

Injecting facts and rationality into the xenophobic discussion?  Who asked you to?

=D

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.