Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Holiday Atrocities...

(1/11) > >>

K Frame:
A friend posted something about terrible Thanksgiving recipes on her site, and that made me think that we need to have a thread discussing HORRIBLE food combinations, especially horrible food combinations around the holidays.

This is the post that started it all...

http://mentalfloss.com/article/88999/9-vintage-thanksgiving-side-dishes-we-shouldnt-bring-back

Of the 9 on that list, 7 are bad enough to cause nightmares. But I really like creamed pearl onions, and if you make your own creamed corn, instead of using the canned stuff, Winter Corn wouldn't be too bad.

One holiday standard that I could go my entire life without seeing ever again is candied yams with marshmallow topping. Fortunately that was never big in my family, so I never really had to worry about it.

So, what holiday recipes have you encountered over the years that you really wish you hadn't?

charby:
I like baked sweet taters for butter, salt and pepper on them. I always hated the candied yams.

Scalloped corn is popular here, it's similar to winter corn.

I always hated the cranberry from a can, it was just dumped out in it's tube form on a plate. I much prefer cranberry sauce made that morning or the day before from a bag of cranberries.

Jello mold with fruit, depends on the jello flavor and the canned fruit used.

Also jello fluff sucks, wish that would just fall out Midwest fashion.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote ---4) No bashing another person's food/drink choice, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
--- End quote ---
  =)

charby:

--- Quote from: fistful on November 13, 2017, 11:39:40 AM ---  =)

--- End quote ---

Ok smartass which one do you like and was it bashed?

K Frame:

--- Quote from: charby on November 13, 2017, 11:59:27 AM ---Ok smartass which one do you like and was it bashed?

--- End quote ---

I've always had my suspicions that our Mr. Fisty is a jello mold man...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version