Author Topic: Take it!  (Read 718 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Take it!
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
http://www.space.com/13162-asteroid-vesta-giant-mountain-craters.html

It has enough gravity to keep a satellite in orbit.

It has an iron core.

It has craters, and dark corners in the craters, much like the moon... indicating it probably has ice water to be found (not found yet).

I say land on that sucker and mine it, churning out spacecraft until it no longer has enough mass to provide useful gravity.  When your wrench floats away and doesn't come back down, move on to something else.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Take it!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:16:28 PM »
Well, if you can get there, possession is 9/10ths.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
This isn't the asteroid you're looking for.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
Been reading your John Ringo, have you? :)
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.