Author Topic: Taiwanese fisherman fight back against Somali pirates  (Read 2247 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Taiwanese fisherman fight back against Somali pirates
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
The pirates "fell" into the ocean.

Well done!  Needs to happen more often.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15623805
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:29:07 PM by 41magsnub »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Taiwanese fisherman fight back against Somali pirates
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
I like stories with happy endings.  =)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »
Well done, indeed!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
Yay!

The Taiwanese have been training to fight the PLA for decades.  Six hapless Somali pirated didn't stand a chance.  "Fell into the sea" indeed.

Russ

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
I wonder if they were unfortunate enough to find themselves tied tangled to something heavy as they fell into the water >:D.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:09:56 PM »
Their fate is not known.

Unless they were within sight of shore, and not bleeding, I don't think there's much speculation needed to figure that out.
Formerly sumpnz

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
Can there be a more classic kung-fu movie scene than fishermen helping pirates accidentally fall overboard?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 12:21:30 AM »
This is tragic! They did not deserve this! Those pirates victims of the violence inherent in the system were just beginning to turn their lives around!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »
I'm aware that we're talking about Taiwanese fishermen and Somali pirates, however, is this evidence admissible in the case of Pirates vs. Ninjas?

It's a good corollary, at least.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 08:16:04 AM »
I'm aware that we're talking about Taiwanese fishermen and Somali pirates, however, is this evidence admissible in the case of Pirates vs. Ninjas?

It's a good corollary, at least.

Are you sure they were fisherman?  Couldn't they have been Ninjas throwing nets over their ancient nemisises the sea creatures?

Remember, nobody actually saw them, now did they?

Ninjas rule!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »
Ninjas are Japanese, not Taiwanese.

Not sure what you'd call the Chinese equivalent . . . Shaolins? Tongs? Or just plain Assassins?

In any case - good job!  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
So fishing would be a good cover for the APS Fistful's Fault  ???    =D

On one side you have the pirates, and on the other side the US Navy ...    :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin