Author Topic: TAGGING GUN OWNERS VEHICLES PSA WARNING  (Read 3378 times)

Frank Castle

• friend
TAGGING GUN OWNERS VEHICLES PSA WARNING
« on: March 24, 2013, 02:15:44 AM »
From Facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=426039290824452&set=a.300286756733040.66584.274105099351206&type=1&theater

TAGGING GUN OWNERS VEHICLES PSA WARNING

Gun lovers public service announcement: While I was in a Texas gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that’s less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the Sheriff of Bexar County came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first I’ve heard of this in Texas.

Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list. Daily check your car, truck or motor home for unusual painted dots, marks, check marks or other strange looking symbols that are not normal to your type vehicle. It could prevent you from being a victim of robbery, or even save your life if you catch the thief in the act.

This next comment from a Gun Site instructor:

I don’t know how widespread this is becoming, but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.

Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $$ competition guns are in town.

BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus
Christi the month before.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: TAGGING GUN OWNERS VEHICLES PSA WARNING
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 05:12:48 AM »
That's funny there must be a gang member working at my Subaru dealership, as our brand new Outback with only 42 miles on it had these marks on the tires.
Check this out: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/frank-williams/the-truth-about-gun-store-car-tagging/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »
It reminds me of the whole "don't flash your lights at a car without their lights on because it's a gangbanger looking for someone to kill" myth of the early 90s.

Besides, tagging and following cars from a gunshop to <somewhere else> to steal guns is too calorie intensive requires too much planning for most gang thieves.

Chris

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:07:07 AM »
Just sent this to my list of usual suspects as a preemptive warning that it is a false rumor.  There are two on that list that faithfully forward every forwarded "the sky is falling!" email they get, making sure they do not delete the email addresses of everybody who already received it.

There used to be three who would forward everything like that, but after a few "reply all" messages debunking the rumor that was making the rounds they were contacted by a large number of folks who expressed ire at having their email exposed.  That person now deletes all the prior addresses and bcc's his list of recipients when he forwards "the sky is falling!" rumors..

Please don't make someone do that to you.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:43:30 AM »
in addition to passing along false information, i have heard   :O  that malware is sometimes attached to messages of this type. 

now if the message had said president obama was seen doing this to gun owners cars, i doubt anyone would have questioned it at all.   ;/
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 12:12:06 PM »
In reality, it's nymphomaniac bi-sexual sorority girls working in teams of two that have an unusual fetish for middle aged gun-owners, but they've been kicked out of most of the area gun stores by the owners, so have resorted to this "tagging" tactic. They use the stickers to follow/find them, then come to the door when the wife is not home.

The gun-theft stories are likely  concocted by men looking for alibis after an encounter with one or more of these girls.

On an unrelated note, I have these tire stickers available for sale, only $10 each.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »
In reality, it's nymphomaniac bi-sexual sorority girls working in teams of two that have an unusual fetish for middle aged gun-owners, but they've been kicked out of most of the area gun stores by the owners, so have resorted to this "tagging" tactic. They use the stickers to follow/find them, then come to the door when the wife is not home.

I'll be in my bunk  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 01:16:05 PM »
This is pretty hilarious. 

I'm gonna go leave little red circles of duct tape on a whole buncha tires at the next gunshow.   :rofl:

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »

The gun-theft stories are likely  concocted by men looking for alibis after an encounter with one or more of these girls.

On an unrelated note, I have these tire stickers available for sale, only $10 each.

Damnit! AJ! Shutup before you ruin it!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »

This reminds me of the time that I was approached on the street by a woman who said she would do anything I wanted for $ 50.  I handed her a crisp bill and told her to paint my house.  She did a good job, too.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
^^^ So that's what they're calling it these days ...
Formerly sumpnz

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 01:04:20 AM »
If it's in all caps it has to be true.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 01:05:42 PM »

That happened to you also?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »
If it's in all caps it has to be true.   IF IT'S IN ALL CAPS IT HAS TO BE TRUE.

FIFY
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
I like the last two paragraphs:

The NRA has also weighed in on this and in a rare moment of level-headedness wrote “the truth of this story should also remind us that there’s no need to panic—and that it’s always worth taking a few moments to check out tales like this before passing them on.”

Good advice to keep you from looking like an idiot in front of your more knowledgeable friends, Facebook or otherwise.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 08:45:13 PM »
It reminds me of the whole "don't flash your lights at a car without their lights on because it's a gangbanger looking for someone to kill" myth of the early 90s.

Weird.  I was thinking of that exact same story while reading the above.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:18 AM »
I've got a "Forwarding Friend" who passes all the dloom and goom emails on to an enormous e- mail list with me on it.

He's really too good an old  friend to get mad at for it, but lately he's had someone constantly debunk ing that stuff and  sending  back rebuttals to everyone.  I've asked him to at least use BCCs, but it didn't sink in, so I let it go.

Oh, well.

The ones that bug me are those which end up with

Send this on to ten of your friends...

[_] ...or disaster will befall  you

[_] ...and you will receive all the blessings you asked for

Check one.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:34:28 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.