Author Topic: Anyone Else Sick of Doonesbury?  (Read 5034 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Anyone Else Sick of Doonesbury?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
I do like Boondocks sometimes....if only because of the grandfather character's attitude.

His comments are drop-dead funny sometimes, because everyone has a "no tact filter installed" grandfather or relative that will say some of the things he does. Smiley

Best I'd seen was one of him watching Saddam's suit-and-neatly-trimmed appearance in the trial on TV, and saying "Them Queer Eye guys got to Saddam!"  cheesy

Cosmoline

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »
Doonesbury jumped the shark about twenty years ago. 

Lee

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
Anyone Else Sick of Doonesbury?

Yes.  The Bush bashing got old about 7 years ago.  I think that ol Gary should join up with Hunter S. Thompson...and leave Jane for me....she's still smokin for a woman my age.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »
Gary could have done so good on Kerry, Kerry's hair is cartoonish in real life. (cartoonish, is that a word?)

I was a huge Doonesbury fan for years but it has been a dud for years, boone docks is great, annoying as heck sometimes, othertimes it is genius, I love the grand father. another good thing is boone docks has a forum, you can voice your opinion, doonesbury being a real liberal, would never allow that.

Get Fuzzy is superb, there was one where the cat was looking at birds and wishing there was something to knock them out of the sky...I can't do it justice and can't find it...I used to have it hanging over my computer.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."