Author Topic: Save The Earth, Kill A Human  (Read 14639 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Save The Earth, Kill A Human
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2006, 04:04:37 AM »
Animals become extinct all the time for all sorts of reasons.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2006, 04:34:05 AM »
3 species of my favorite animal, the tiger, have gone extinct in the last 70 years, mostly due to humans killing them off and destroying their habitat.

Were YOU living in the village where they are eating your children, and attacking you as you try to clear enough land to grow enough food to not starve, your sympathies might be more wih the human beings, and less with the self-propelled killing machines...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2006, 03:28:34 PM »
[[/quote]Were YOU living in the village where they are eating your children, and attacking you as you try to clear enough land to grow enough food to not starve, your sympathies might be more wih the human beings, and less with the self-propelled killing machines...
[/quote]

Too bad the white people didn't have sympathies for human beings when they killed off entire Native American tribes and stole their land.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:55 PM »
[
Were YOU living in the village where they are eating your children, and attacking you as you try to clear enough land to grow enough food to not starve, your sympathies might be more wih the human beings, and less with the self-propelled killing machines...
[/quote]

Too bad the white people didn't have sympathies for human beings when they killed off entire Native American tribes and stole their land.
[/quote]

Huh??  sad
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Ron

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2006, 03:45:25 PM »
stole their land

I wasn't aware of any tribes that had developed property rights (ownership of land) as part of their culture.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2006, 09:03:40 PM »
stole their land

That's the PC nonsense.

It is known that tribal warfare was wide-spread as tribes fought over fishing and hunting grounds in the north and cultivated land in the far south. From that perspective, the "white devils" were just another set of tribes to come by and enter the race, fair and square. And they won, because they were more advanced in terms of technology, economy, organization, and pathogen resistance. Cry me a river.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2006, 11:19:01 PM »
Saddened though I would be if any of my relatives became tiger food, with better than six billion of us talking monkeys on the planet I cannot see such as more than a familial tragedy.  And like most of us I've been though those before.  'Though you do discredit to the Tiger there...
Take another look at the literature and art of that era.  They did, they just did not let that stop them from conquering the continent and remaking it in their own image. As CAnnoneer has observed, one set of tribes stomped on another.  Its been such for as long as we have been human.  To their credit, the original inhabitants of this land chose to resist the invasion.  Something which it currently appears we are as yet unwilling to do.  But thats a whole'nother knot to consider...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2006, 03:09:56 PM »
That was one of the reasons the army never had a problem recruiting other natives to help fight the Sioux (sp?).  They had been pushing out other tribes for a while.  Same with numerous other tribes. 
This kind of thing has been going on throughout human history. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2006, 03:13:03 PM »
On the original topic, I thought I had seen somewhere that they US alone produces enough food to solve all the world's hunger problems.  Distribution and govt interference is the problem. 

Drive around Texas and look at all the unused farm land.  The only reason most land owners even raise cows is for the tax exemption.  If food were truly scare, the price would be high and every single land owner would have an incentive to raise a crop or food animal. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge