Author Topic: Remember how we were told: "You can keep you health insurance".  (Read 1851 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
That is until the the accountants sharpened their pencils....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/survey-one-11-employers-plan-194200262.html

9% of them planned to stop offering health care coverage...
Another 10% of employers polled in the Deloitte survey indicated that they hadn't yet made up their mind.

The 10% will they're just not saying they will right now...

After that, it becomes a race to dump and then we're all on Obamacare !!!!  YEAH!!!! :facepalm: [barf]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hutch

• friend
Re: Remember how we were told: "You can keep you health insurance".
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »
Who could POSSIBLY have predicted such an outcome?  I'm sure the president and his minions are as surprised and disappointed at this outcome as I am.  Probably even more. :facepalm:
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
See?  Big companies are screwing over employees yet again.  It's a good thing that we got alternatives by mandate just in time to relieve some of the pressure on the working class before they have to go without so CEO's can have their golden parachute.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:37:37 PM »
I might not remember it correctly, but didn't big employers like McDonald's and Walmart get a waiver before to law was even passed? They don't have to insure or even pay the fine that is cheaper then offering insurance.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »
See?  Big companies are screwing over employees yet again.  It's a good thing that we got alternatives by mandate just in time to relieve some of the pressure on the working class before they have to go without so CEO's can have their golden parachute.

Someone needs to check on Nick.  I think he has been possessed by an alien DeSelby.  I saw this on Star Trek, so I know how it works.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »
Someone needs to check on Nick.  I think he has been possessed by an alien DeSelby.  I saw this on Star Trek, so I know how it works.

When have I ever said a positive thing about Obamacare?

I think that there are strong arguments in favor of public health care - lower costs, equivalent service, mainly.

Obamacare is not public healthcare, and seems to have been crafted to benefit insurance companies.  They aren't upset by rising premiums or mandatory purchases of their products like the rest of us.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:44:20 PM »
When have I ever said a positive thing about Obamacare?

I think that there are strong arguments in favor of public health care - lower costs, equivalent service, mainly.

Obamacare is not public healthcare, and seems to have been crafted to benefit insurance companies.  They aren't upset by rising premiums or mandatory purchases of their products like the rest of us.

It was more the ' big companies screwing employees....pressure on working class.....CEO's golden parachute' that made me think of you.  Not Obamacare per se.  All meant in good fun. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
Wasn't this more or less known before it passed?  At least to anyone who listened to actual critics.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
It was more the ' big companies screwing employees....pressure on working class.....CEO's golden parachute' that made me think of you.  Not Obamacare per se.  All meant in good fun. 

I know your heart was in the right place there, I just had to take the opportunity to rip on Obamacare  :police:
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »

I think your sarcasm meter is reading off scale low.  ;)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »
You can keep your health insurance , IF it continues to be offered.  I knew that private insurance would die fairly rapidly once Obama Care was in place.

One of the big things I dislike about the whole health care deal is the government having easy access to all of this information on the majority of the population.   It will be used... trust me.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)