Author Topic: 86-year-old man hunts from his recliner  (Read 717 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: 86-year-old man hunts from his recliner
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:03:29 PM »
The cockles of my heart are wet from the tears of joy.

That, my friends, is a man.  And he raised his son to be one, too.

Bless them both.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
If I were him I'd die a happy man.  For getting to have that experience, and especially for having sons that were good men that made it possible.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:03:35 AM »
That, my friends, is a man. 

That softy, with his fancy reclining chair? In my day, when you got too old, they dropped you off at the nearest ice floe to perish. We didn't have no comfortable chairs back then, I tell you!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
I hunted deer with my FIL's crew.  One of 'em could hardly move around due to multiple things wrong with him.  I was in my 30's and they were in their 60's.  The last year he hunted, (he died a couple months after the season) we'd sit him in a camp chair on his stand and zipped him up in a sleeping bag we modified so he could stay toasty warm but still shoot.  He told us that if he died while we were in camp we were to put him in his sleeping bag and put him outside under the picnic table.  He said it was cold enough so he'd keep till camp was over because he didn't want us to come home early on account of him.

RIP Denny Walter
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw