Author Topic: Mobs, liberals and racism  (Read 22172 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Mobs, liberals and racism
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 11:39:36 PM »
This may be the sort of thing that gets hand grenades recognized as viable self-defense tools....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2011, 06:25:49 AM »
Mal: Jayne, how many weapons you plan on taking? You only got the two arms.
Jayne: Well, I just get excitable as to choice. Like to have my options open.
Mal: I don't plan on any shooting taking place during this job.
Jayne: Yeah, well what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
Mal: (pause) No grenades.

=(
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2011, 07:14:45 AM »
Flash mobs are war parties.  Tribal behavior tends to produce similar behavior.  This isn't going to be about one or two armed people shooting back when attacked.  Just a prediction.

Flash mobs are entirely different from these events.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »
It is awesome.
As I always say: "fail big or go home." =D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »

Flash mobs are entirely different from these events.

Implies that mobs that set out to attack by race don't communicate by digital means.  Rather doubtful.  But the issue isn't how they congregate, it's why.

And, I repeat, these angry, lawless mobs are war parties.  Go to the source.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:20:37 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
Tell me that's not, you know, real.

Actually, I wrote some tongue-in-cheek things like that in HS, only my grammar and "logic" were impeccable so I got full credit for them.

I precisely met the requirements of the assignment, only not quite in the manner that my english (actually, he was irish to be precise!) teacher intended.  Did I mention that I was bored?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »
Tell me that's not, you know, real.

I want to talk to the teacher for giving that 37% credit.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »
Implies that mobs that set out to attack by race don't communicate by digital means.  Rather doubtful.  But the issue isn't how they congregate, it's why.

And, I repeat, these angry, lawless mobs are war parties.  Go to the source.

The casualties seem low for a war.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
2. Even if there is a successful self-defense shooting by a white CCW'er, or someone open carrying a rifle, you're refusing to recognize the completely devastating reaction of the media, the police, the prosecutor, the community, and the aggressor's surviving family. Even if the shooter prevails legally because ultimately the law is on their side, this process can still mean months, if not years of having one's life turned upside down, and cause you to incur expensive legal costs and any other number of major life disruptions.

The natural cost/benefit calculations that anyone who actually has enough independent thought that they might use a firearm for self defense means they just won't be in that neighborhood in the first place.

I guess that sums up my feeling on the "trunk gun" as well.

Tis why my state passed a law that more or less codified the right to self-defense, and gave immunity for a valid self-defense.  While not a complete free pass for a valid self-defense, that just leaves the media and community to deal with.  Sure, the police, prosecutor and family can try to give you grief, but the amount of damage they can do is minimized to probably $2,000 to $10,000 for your lawyer to make a single legal citation, prove that you met it (assuming you did) and the judge to throw out the criminal or civil case.  If you win, you are supposed to be awarded your legal costs back.  While not perfect, that is entirely manageable.  

I don't think the legal cost reimbursement is widely known among criminals yet.  It will be entertaining the first time a criminal's family sues, loses and then is forced to cover the cost of the entire civil case.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »
The casualties seem low for a war.

I think you mean the reported casualties, don't you?  But ask the police making the calls.  Racial and ethnic tension in America has been rising for some time.  Our economic travails promise to make it worse.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
Any large group that comes together to do illegal things is using violence whether blood is spilt or not. At this stage it is mostly implied violence, quantity having a quality all of its own. Mobs of petty criminals, especially those drawing on perceived societal wrongs, move on to bigger things be it Weimar or Rwanda.

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2011, 11:22:48 PM »
I don't think the legal cost reimbursement is widely known among criminals yet.  It will be entertaining the first time a criminal's family sues, loses and then is forced to cover the cost of the entire civil case.

How many of these criminals' families would actually have the means to reimburse the cost of their civil case when it gets tossed?  I suspect the CCW shooter would still be out of pocket for most of the legal costs.  Blood from turnips and all that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 11:46:57 PM »
Philly has pretty good RKBA and LTCF laws, because PA makes them.  And?

Philly does its damndest to dodge or outright ignore any RKBA law they can. Including harassing/arrsting people carrying using out of state permits or open carrying.
Look, tiny text!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:23 PM »
Well, one writer of a letter to the editor had a predictable liberal response to the beatings. Note that it's poverty that caused this (my parents lived through the Great Depression, and never beat anybody), and it's not even the fault of the perps themselves.

ATTACKS
Chief's comments not very helpful
A resident of Riverwest, I enjoyed the fireworks in Kilbourn Park on July 3 and left (thankfully) before the violence occurred. I was horrified at hearing the news of what happened that night.

Unfortunately, Wednesday's town hall meeting in Gordon Park has done little to reassure us and address the needs of our community.

Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn has done little more than denounce the events as "barbaric" and try his best to save face, admitting some fault while assuring the city that the Police Department mostly handled the incidents correctly and effectively.

The fact is that adolescents in Milwaukee, one of the poorest and most segregated cities in the nation, are facing a crisis: a seemingly hopeless future without jobs, education or any real opportunity. Our children are growing and living in neighborhoods where poverty and violence are facts of life. The understanding that incidents such as looting and beatings occur in this type of setting is logical and frightening.

The night of July 3 was a wake-up call for Milwaukee. We can't continue to blame parents, police or misdirected youths. Unless we, as a city and as a nation, begin to address the issue of poverty and the violence it breeds, we can expect more of the same.

Mike Helbick
Milwaukee

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »
Well, one writer of a letter to the editor had a predictable liberal response to the beatings. Note that it's poverty that caused this (my parents lived through the Great Depression, and never beat anybody), and it's not even the fault of the perps themselves.

ATTACKS
Chief's comments not very helpful
A resident of Riverwest, I enjoyed the fireworks in Kilbourn Park on July 3 and left (thankfully) before the violence occurred. I was horrified at hearing the news of what happened that night.

Unfortunately, Wednesday's town hall meeting in Gordon Park has done little to reassure us and address the needs of our community.

Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn has done little more than denounce the events as "barbaric" and try his best to save face, admitting some fault while assuring the city that the Police Department mostly handled the incidents correctly and effectively.

The fact is that adolescents in Milwaukee, one of the poorest and most segregated cities in the nation, are facing a crisis: a seemingly hopeless future without jobs, education or any real opportunity. Our children are growing and living in neighborhoods where poverty and violence are facts of life. The understanding that incidents such as looting and beatings occur in this type of setting is logical and frightening.

The night of July 3 was a wake-up call for Milwaukee. We can't continue to blame parents, police or misdirected youths. Unless we, as a city and as a nation, begin to address the issue of poverty and the violence it breeds, we can expect more of the same.

Mike Helbick
Milwaukee

I agree with the author's assessment that Obama is to blame.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2011, 02:31:26 AM »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »
It should come as no surprise that the usual suspects want to conflate RKBA with racism.  Law-abiding gun-owners did not create the racial tensions in this society.  Who and what is behind the attacks?  The one thing we can't do is pretend they don't exist and what threat they present.  If legitimate authority in America keeps blaming everyone but the attackers, this situation can only devolve.  It doesn't have to.

By the way the phenomenon is apparently not confined to the U.S.:

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/019863.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:16:34 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
It should come as no surprise that the usual suspects want to conflate RKBA with racism.

Do you feel Sebastian is also one of the usual suspects?

Who and what is behind the attacks?

The attackers, naturally.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »
You know I mean the mainstream media and the whole operation of the idea-disseminating Left in America.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
I think Sebastian's point (which I agree with) is that Gabe Suarez is an idiot.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2011, 02:21:24 PM »
He (Suarez) certainly isn't helping the situation.

This ought to be wonderful "teachable moment" for Our President.  He needs to materialize and give one of his inspiring speeches.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/07/11/stopped-clock-is-right-twice-a-day/

SIH with some cogent input.

Meh, not so much.

Clarity and truthfulness are to be valued, even if someone's feelings are hurt.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »
Meh, not so much.

Clarity and truthfulness are to be valued, even if someone's feelings are hurt.

Except, as he pointed out, Suarez is not being truthful.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
Except, as he pointed out, Suarez is not being truthful.

Much as I hate Suarez, I think SiH is reading too much into his comments in the same way that he is accusing Suarez of reading too much into the incidents.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
How many of these criminals' families would actually have the means to reimburse the cost of their civil case when it gets tossed?  I suspect the CCW shooter would still be out of pocket for most of the legal costs.  Blood from turnips and all that.
i think, it's a ruling that they can't have money in the bank for what ever time. just like not paying child support etc. as in they'll even take a SS settlement. if they went that far, i think it'll be a bigger deterrent then it first appears. >:D