Author Topic: Another letter, Fistful  (Read 1152 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Another letter, Fistful
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:49:29 PM »
This one is just too good to pass up. I guess you'll have to just ignore these, Fistful. ;)

CONCEALED CARRY

An accident waiting to happen

A gun goes off, apparently accidentally. A trespassing teenager is dead after tossing stolen scrap metal over a fence. A junkyard employee is found guilty of reckless homicide and faces 15 years in prison (Aug. 13). A judge admonishes the defendant: "The way you addressed the situation was a recipe for disaster."

How many more such "recipes" will be duplicated in Wisconsin courts because citizens, now armed by the state Legislature, will likely act first and think later during future equivalents of 2011's Fourth of July rumbles, State Fair rabble attacks and shopping mall flash mobs?

Will law-abiding, quick-drawing urban residents or suburbanites be guilty of homicide, too, because of their reactions to another's criminal behavior?

Sandra M. Seymour
Menomonee Falls

[Dan Akroyd voice]Sandra, you ignorant slut.[/Dan Akroyd voice]. Haven't you ever ventured outside of Wisconsin? Is the Journal Sentinel your only source for news? Can you even read the news, or do your children read it to you?

It hasn't happened, it isn't happening, and it won't happen. Got it?

Oh, and if a gang of punks descends upon a law-abiding citizen and he shoots, that's called "self defense", not a "recipe" or a "disaster". If you want to lie down and let them beat you, go right ahead. It just make shake something loose in your head. Of course, everyone knows that guns don't just "go off", but as with so many things, you apparently didn't know that.

Who did you sleep with to get this letter published?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Another letter, Fistful
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:53:31 PM »
A trespassing teenager is dead after tossing stolen scrap metal over a fence.

If his ass wasn't trespassing and stealing, his ass wouldn't be taking a dirt nap...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:16:25 AM »
I'm no expert in WI law, but what does having a gun in your fixed place of business have to do with the CC law?  I doubt there are any laws prohibiting a business owner and his employees from being armed, and I know WI has RKBA in their state constitution.

Another idiot looks for any instance of an improper self defense shooting, glares at us, and says "See what you did?" [barf] (I'm surprised she's not from Madison)

It was more entertaining when they just ran around in circles yelling "blood in the streets!"
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
A trespassing teenager is dead after tossing stolen scrap metal over a fence. A junkyard employee is found guilty of reckless homicide and faces 15 years in prison (Aug. 13). A judge admonishes the defendant: "The way you addressed the situation was a recipe for disaster."

That's the trouble when you have bad laws and judges - the victim gets punished.  :mad:

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
Hey!  There are not criminals, just disadvantaged people.  Why are prisons now called "Correctional Facilities"?  It's because there are no criminals, just those who need a bit of "correcting" and they'll be just fine.

Make them write 1000 times:  I must not rob a bank, I must not rob a bank, I must not rob a bank etc etc etc.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw