Author Topic: In this chapter, we help the Mexicans invade Mexico...  (Read 979 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
In this chapter, we help the Mexicans invade Mexico...
« on: August 27, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/26/world/americas/26drugs.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

"Mexican commandos have discreetly traveled to the United States, assembled at designated areas and dispatched helicopter missions back across the border aimed at suspected drug traffickers. The Drug Enforcement Administration provides logistical support on the American side of the border, officials said, arranging staging areas and sharing intelligence that helps guide Mexico’s decisions about targets and tactics."

Also lowers the chances of the commandos being shot at by American "assault weapons" I guess.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: In this chapter, we help the Mexicans invade Mexico...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 11:13:13 PM »
I am not surprised, since the Mex gov't doesn't control the N of Mexico.  Safer to assemble in America and hit them from the north.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 11:22:28 PM »
Let's see if I've got this sorted out.

BATFEces allows thousands(?) of guns to "slip" into Mexico into the hands of the drug cartels. Thus, in part, fueling the out of control situation bewteen the drug cartels and Mexican police/military.

DEA allows/assists Mexican police/military to stage in the US to go after the mexican drug cartels armed in part by the BATFEces to combat the out of control situation brought about in part by US meddeling in Mexican affairs.

Both of those organizations are under DOJ if I'm not mistaken.

[tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 11:41:11 PM »
Meh.  Lots wrong in our foreign policy with Mexico, but not this.

We did the same thing with Pakistan when raiding the eastern mountains of A-stan.

We do the same thing every time we fly over another country on a surgical air strike.

It's easy to point to government in general and find critique with every action.  But supporting Mexico's legitimate government against the drug cartels in the North is laudable.  I approve of the DEA's actions here.  Not very different than collaborating with the Colombian government against FARC.

And I still excoriate the ATF for their actions in Gunwalker, and hope fervently for some semblance of Justice in the form of felony charges, including Treason.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!