Author Topic: What to do if you don't officially exist?  (Read 1576 times)

cordex

• Administrator
What to do if you don't officially exist?
« on: January 11, 2006, 07:44:32 AM »
I'm hoping we've got some super-secret spy types on here with some experience in officially not existing.

See, I need some advice on how to build credit if just about every important computer system reports that I officially don't exist.  So far, despite having a valid driver's license I have had trouble getting my motorcycle endorsement because the BMV swore that I wasn't in their systems.  Thankfully the Social Security administration was able to issue a letter saying that I do in fact exist in their database, and I was able to get the endorsement.

I have unfailingly been denied credit card applications and when I try to get a credit report, they tell me my record cannot be accessed.

My SSN hasn't changed, my name hasn't changed, I pay my bills on time, I've held a 4 phone cell phone account for over a year, I've paid utility bills and rent at my apartment for six or seven months, I've never bounced a check, I don't have any existing debt - yet Trans Union, Experian and EquiFax all just shake their heads and tell me they can't give a credit report because they can't find my record.  When I apply for a credit report via web, they tell me to apply via phone.  When I apply via phone, they tell me to apply via mail.  I'm in the process of applying via mail, but I don't have much faith that it will help.

When the folks at my bank tried to look up my credit information on their systems (I think they have a relationship with Trans Union) I froze up the computer they were using.  Twice.   Their response was "Huh ... I've never seen that happen before."

Maybe if I stop paying taxes Uncle Sam won't be able to find me either.

Any advice?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:52:22 AM »
You are aware that ever since the Federation signed the treaty after the Miltian Conflict,  carbon based Realians don't have full civil rights? Maybe that has something to do with it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:58:44 AM »
Don't exist, huh?  Try not paying your taxes.  I'll bet you exist then.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:04:55 AM »
And you talk like this is a bad thing ...?

What I want to know, is how did you pull it off? Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:10:45 AM »
It's a bad thing if I ever want to get a loan to buy a house or car, or to get a credit card or anything like that.

The trick is to exist until you own everything you want to own, then disappear.  I screwed up the order.

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 08:16:25 AM »
Coo-coo-cool! You've just- You've just bbbbbbecome a b-b-b-b-blank!

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 08:50:54 AM »
I wonder if this has anything to do with Arnold telling me "You've been erased." when I was younger.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »
Quote from: Fly320s
Don't exist, huh?  Try not paying your taxes.  I'll bet you exist then.
Yep. Cheesy
Andy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 11:46:25 AM »
THREAD DELETED
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

matis

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »
I was beginning to get excited until you said that Social Security DID know you exist.

Shucks.

Can you ask the bank, the apartment manager or the cell phone company to report your performance to the credit bureau(s) to start or re-start your file?

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 07:24:30 PM »
Go to any national department store: Penny's, Sears, or what have you. Pick up the credit card application. Fill it out. Mail it in. Charge something. Pay half the balance when you get the bill. Pay the other half of the balance next month.

You now have a credit reputation.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.