Author Topic: Iranian Justice  (Read 1310 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Iranian Justice
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:59:39 PM »
Wow. Just wow.

--------------------------

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5183

Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Jan. 07  An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

Last week, a court in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, sentenced Delara Darabi to death by hanging charged with murder when she was 17 years old. Darabi has denied the charges.

In August 2004, Irans Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing acts incompatible with chastity.

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Iranian Justice
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »
This was mentioned on another forum I hang out on.

They're a Sci-Fi board, so bear with me.

The suggested action was to give them to the Fish-Speakers of Dune.  Or the WH40k Sisters of Battle.

Or throw them in Noise Marine Bubba's hole.(Don't Ask)

Standing Wolf

• friend
Iranian Justice
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 06:15:25 PM »
Well, yeah, but Islam is a religion of peace.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

matis

• friend
Iranian Justice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »
Quote from: Standing Wolf
Well, yeah, but Islam is a religion of peace.
That's the question: is this just Iranian justice?  Or is it Islamic justice?

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

Phyphor

• friend
Iranian Justice
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 07:57:03 PM »
I'd like to point out that Derek Z. is the person whom is providing the hardware this site is running on.  Derek is a Muslim.  That said, the Iranian brand of Islam seems to be a rather hardcore sick version thereof, where women pretty much have no rights.

Those poor girls have no chance.  If they were raped, they'd be hanged for having sex.  The poor girl defended herself, and so she's gonna be hanged for 'murder.'

It's certainly not the first time they've hanged a teenage girl for something stupid, anyone remember that 16 year old that got hanged for the crime of having too sharp a tongue? Bastard judge put the rope around her neck himself.

The sickos running Iran richly deserve the justice they seem to enjoy dishing out.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Iranian Justice
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 11:29:13 PM »
Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.
This seems fairly consistent with the middle-eastern "warrior spirit" that we have come to know so well. They are some real tough people when it comes to victimizing women and running away.

Consider that this whole situation started with 2 men and 2 women (at least one of them armed with a knife) against three would-be rapists who were throwing rocks. In any other nation the three rapists are poured into the back of an ambulance after the dust has settled.

That said, the Iranian brand of Islam seems to be a rather hardcore sick version thereof, where women pretty much have no rights.
Purely out of curiosity, is there a government that purports to have an Islamic-based justice system that DOESNT make it a habit of victimizing women?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Iranian Justice
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 03:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Phyphor
I'd like to point out that Derek Z. is the person whom is providing the hardware this site is running on.  Derek is a Muslim.  That said, the Iranian brand of Islam seems to be a rather hardcore sick version thereof, where women pretty much have no rights.
I have no problem with most muslims.  However, I do have a problem with Islam as practiced by these Iranians and the Taliban(who had similar incidents).  I believe that Saudi Arabia is progressive in the sense that it doesn't have the death penalty for nonconsensual adultury(ie Rape) anymore, but it still takes two male witnesses stating that the woman was forced before it'll be called rape.  Of course, women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia either.  Research shows that Pakistan has the same little wrinkle in their law, so it seems that it's almost endemic in the region.

I also have a problem with the "boyfriends" running away, call it my heritage to believe that women and children are to be defended, even at the potential cost of my own life.

Thing is, Nazanin is not alone.

Afsaneh Norouzi, after about eight years of prison, forced to confess under torture, and two kangeroo courts, was 'pardoned' by the family in exchange for massive fines.
http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1650/
http://news.amnesty.org/index/ENGMDE130232005

Jehan Mina got off lucky, in Pakistan, after being raped by her uncle and cousin.  Her sentence of 100 lashes for extramarital sex was commuted to 3 years prison and 10 lashes.  The two rapists were not prosecuted because there were no witnesses.

Amnesty International also has an article lamanting about executions of juvenile offenders, but, honestly speaking, as long as the rules are enforced fairly, if you're considered an adult at 15, those are the rules.  At the bottom of the article it talks about a Soghra, who claimed to have been married against her will, and was trying to escape when the man she left with killed her husband.  At that point she left with him because she feared her step-brother would kill her.  I don't know if this is true, but with the rest you hear in Iran?

And these executions appear to be a relativly new thing, starting with the overthrow of the Shaw in the 1979.  Before that, the number of women executed were small, and executions were for murder.  After that, well, the youngest woman executed was 10.  Many were raped in sham marriges before they were executed, because the new leaders wouldn't execute a virgin.  Offenses meriting death including refusing to wear a veil.
http://www.geocities.com/richard.clark32@btinternet.com/iranfem.html

edit:  It's almost like Islam is going back in time in the region.  I remember the Rambo and Indiana Jones movies.  We didn't have problems with the Arabic countries at one time.

Dannyboy

• friend
Iranian Justice
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:04:02 AM »
They say the Middle East was the birthplace of civilization.  Unfortunately, it never made it past its infancy.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Iranian Justice
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 12:27:37 PM »
That's the question: is this just Iranian justice?  Or is it Islamic justice?
Sad to say, it's what passes for "justice" throughout a great many Islamic nations today. Such barbarism is always justified by references to the Koran. Numerous other Islamic nations have left that sort of "justice" behind, to be sure.

Calling a spade any- and everything but a spade merely encourages the barbarians to continue and expand their predations.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.