Author Topic: VP debates  (Read 2218 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
VP debates
« on: October 05, 2016, 02:06:25 AM »
Is it too late for the R's to switch the ticket and put Pence on top?  He's the only one running that seems "presidential".  It'll be interesting to see how the fact checkers pick him apart.

I've heard a couple of comments that he was setting up for 2020 rather than 2016.

When they first walked out, I was impressed that they were color-coded with red and blue ties so we could tell them apart.  Then noticed that they had it backwards. :facepalm:  But once the debate started it was pretty easy to tell who was whom.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: VP debates
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:45:17 AM »
I've been listening to it on FOX on sat radio.
Kaine is a smarmy little prick. 
Only listened for about an hour. Out of 6-7 topics I think Pence got complete his say once without being interrupted.
Just once I'd like to hear a debater tell the interupter "I've got the floor, shut the *expletive deleted*ck up and wait your turn."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 08:18:42 AM »
Well considering both Trump and Clinton are old enough that not waking up one morning wouldn't be particularly unexpected, he may just get that chance regardless.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 09:53:16 AM »
I've been listening to it on FOX on sat radio.
Kaine is a smarmy little prick. 
Only listened for about an hour. Out of 6-7 topics I think Pence got complete his say once without being interrupted.
Just once I'd like to hear a debater tell the interupter "I've got the floor, shut the *expletive deleted*ck up and wait your turn."
You're too kind to Kaine. Not wrong, mind you, but too kind.

And the "moderator" chided Pence for not answering about Korea when he couldn't get a word in edgewise over Kaine's interruptions.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »

IMHO that should be the job of the moderator. But I understand that they're more interested in "good" entertainment than they are in good debating.

Having done a bit of actual debating in high school, I have to wonder why they even call these things "debates," when they don't ever attempt to follow a debate format.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Pence did a good job of working "Weak and feckless leadership" into his comments over and over to drive the point home, get an idea out there... if that sort of thing actually works.
I promise not to duck.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 01:18:37 PM »
I didn't bother with the debates. There really is no debate or question who to vote for between them if you are a liberty loving American.

The only debate in my mind is whether to vote for Trump/Pence or nobody. Is a potential Trump/Pence administration safe or trustworthy enough to be worthy of my assent via my vote?   

I've come to regret my votes for GW Bush and more locally, George Ryan and Mark Kirk.

In the past I was prone to party line voting thinking that would move the ball the right way. That was faulty reasoning and I ended up voting for incoherent wars, state corruption and a rino voting for the progressive agenda.

On a side note, from what I gather, Hillary chose pajama boy as her running mate and pajama boy is insufferable.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »
The comment I heard this morning is that it looked like a debate between a Batman Movie Villain and the father of Johnny Quest. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 04:35:12 PM »

I've come to regret my votes for GW Bush and more locally, George Ryan and Mark Kirk.

I haven't decided which 3rd party (Libertarian, Constitution or Veteran's Party) candidate I going to give my vote, so I can vote against that anti-2A RINO Kirk. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
Hate to say this, but I just might not vote this election.

Moving at the end of this week and may not have time to get registered in Kansas and actually nothing going on in Oklahoma that my one vote would change.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »
^^^I have been giving serious thought to not selecting anyone on the Presidential ballot, but voting as usual for the state and local races.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »
As governor of Virginia, Kaine used his prerogative to select himself to give the graduation speech at my son's college graduation.  All he did was talk about himself.  It made a big impression, albeit not a good one!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
Kaine, the Sarah Palin of the Democratic Party.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 07:37:13 PM »
Kaine, the Sarah Palin of the Democratic Party.

At least Palin was easy on the eyes....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.