Author Topic: That Fresno Professor Doubles Down  (Read 1512 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
That Fresno Professor Doubles Down
« on: April 21, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
That Fresno professor seems to be reveling in her new found fame. My main question though, is how does this person become an English professor? Is she teaching a class on the dialects of the Jerry Springer population segments?

“A lot of the farmers now are Trump supporters and just f---ing stupid,” she says, adding that she “can’t f---ing stand the white, hetero-patriarchy.”

At another point, Jarrar talks about guns, and criticizes "the left" for being too "gentle" in dealing with "the other side."

“I don’t give a f---. I’m buying guns. I’m an American, I’m buying guns,” Jarrar says. “You know what, the other side is doing some stupid s—t. I’m going to do some stupid s—t. I'm tired of, like, being the bigger person — literally am, usually — but, like, I'm also just tired of the left being, like, f---ing stupid and being like, ‘No we have to, like, be gentle' … no, don’t be f---ing gentle.'"

That "stupid farmer" comment is probably going to cost Fresno State a lot of donations, considering the location of the campus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/21/fresno-state-prof-blasts-farmers-as-stupid-trump-supporters-in-video-rife-with-f-bombs.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: That Fresno Professor Doubles Down
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
Gasoline, meet fire.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 10:41:12 AM »
“I don’t give a f---. I’m buying guns. I’m an American, I’m buying guns,” Jarrar says.
No, you aren't.

You live in California.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 10:43:08 AM »
Perhaps they mis-reported her specialty. Her quote makes it seem that she may actually be teaching Ebonics.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 11:06:24 AM »
I watched a minute of the freakshow interview. I thought she was trying to air out her crotch or something while trying to be as verbally obnoxious as posssible.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »
The college should make her sit thru 40 hours of sensitivity and diversity training.  That would be worse than firing her, and wouldn't violate her tenure.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »
The college should make her sit thru 40 hours of sensitivity and diversity training.  That would be worse than firing her, and wouldn't violate her tenure.

That would be hilarious, considering that video was 100% hate speech.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »
Gunny has a perfect description of her (borrowed from Full Metal Jacket):

"You are a disgusting fatbody, Professor Jarrar!"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 03:23:17 PM »
I think you all are misspelling "Jabba".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
Quote from: Professor Fatbody
“I don’t give a f---. I’m buying guns. I’m an American, I’m buying guns,” Jarrar says. “You know what, the other side is doing some stupid s—t. I’m going to do some stupid s—t. I'm tired of, like, being the bigger person — literally am, usually — but, like, I'm also just tired of the left being, like, f---ing stupid and being like, ‘No we have to, like, be gentle' … no, don’t be f---ing gentle.'"

And this . . . person . . . is a professor of English??
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
And this . . . person . . . is a professor of English??

More like some kind of nasty psycho she-clown
What we have here is failure to communicate.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 04:32:43 PM »
I think you all are misspelling "Jabba".

Pics of her made me think "Ursula the Sea Witch".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 06:47:00 PM »
Pics of her made me think "Ursula the Sea Witch".

You know, they say a high angle can be slimming, but it doesn't seem to work that way on people so fat they have to resort to aerial photography for their portraits.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 07:55:37 AM »
That "stupid farmer" comment is probably going to cost Fresno State a lot of donations, considering the location of the campus.

Yup: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/20/bush-bashing-professor-has-fresno-state-scrambling-to-keep-its-donors.html

A university investigation is underway. But several donors to Fresno State are reportedly considering whether the university deserves their contributions.
Ed Dunkel Jr., who made sizable financial contributions to Fresno State, said he will await the outcome of the controversy before deciding whether to close his checkbook.
“I have a lot of friends that I've been talking to, and these are people who donate now and talking about holding back, and some are even questioning whether to send their kids to Fresno State," Dunkel told the Fresno Bee.
"I admire and have a lot of respect for President (Joseph) Castro and huge affection for Fresno State," Dunkel said. "But I have huge concerns. This represents such an embarrassment to the university and the community. It's hard to believe this is an isolated thing that just happened. I have to imagine people previously knew of this person's character and what she's about."
Fresno State President Joseph Castro acknowledged that he’s been having conversations with donors regarding the controversy.
"The conversations I'm having are more about their concern, and I share that concern. I understand where they're coming from. I'm asking them for understanding here as we work through the complexities of this issue,” he told the Fresno Bee.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 10:08:55 PM »
Fresno State President Joseph Castro acknowledged that he’s been having conversations with donors regarding the controversy.
"The conversations I'm having are more about their concern, and I share that concern. I understand where they're coming from. I'm asking them for understanding here as we work through the complexities of this issue,” he told the Fresno Bee.

What complexities? The professor is a racist bigot with a sewer for a mouth. What more do you need to know?

The important question is, how did someone like that ever survive long enough to be tenured?

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 01:17:17 AM »
What complexities?

Well, for starters, if they try to do anything to her, Greenpeace is going to put a boat in the way.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »
Well, for starters, if they try to do anything to her, Greenpeace is going to put a boat in the way.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »
AWESOME!  =D

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »
If that is not the best argument for a burka, I don't know what is.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
Well, she's off the hook at the University. I understand their first amendment argument. I hope they understand when donors react, or when parents decide that there are better places to send their kids.

I would have actually had no problem with her stating a dislike for the Bushes, however there is a time and a place, and about 1,675,999 better ways to have said it, especially for an "English Professor". An eloquent and thoughtful person might have even created some worthwhile dialog.

As far as I'm concerned, given this and the video snippets I've seen, she's just a foul-mouthed, double digit IQ, disgusting sow. And that's me using my First Amendment rights.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 10:44:33 AM »
I would have actually had no problem with her stating a dislike for the Bushes, however there is a time and a place, and about 1,675,999 better ways to have said it, especially for an "English Professor".

This. There are actually people on the right comparing this to Kevin Williamson being fired from the Atlantic.  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 09:14:13 AM »
I found the below quote from here: https://www.dailywire.com/news/29894/tolerance-parkland-teacher-slams-student-survivor-daily-wire

Normally yes, but since professor Death Star got away with what SHE (I think it's female....ish) said, I wouldn't be surprised if he did too.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.