Author Topic: Tornado through my neighborhood  (Read 2453 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Tornado through my neighborhood
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »
Them damn tornadoes are so nasty and destructive. They ought to make them illegal so people don't keep getting their houses tore all up and stuff.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Tornado through my neighborhood
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 09:51:04 AM »
Them damn tornadoes are so nasty and destructive. They ought to make them illegal so people don't keep getting their houses tore all up and stuff.

And speaking of Boulder, CO :) there's a trick of the mountainous topology and the jet stream such that terrific windstorms come along every once in a while.  I mean really destructive.  I mean like new construction gets all tore up.*

So the City Council passed an ordinance against the wind blowing over 35 mph.

Ayup, they did.

Terry

* When Table Mesa opened up for development, a bad windstorm  came along, and builders quickly learned not to build houses with the garages facing west without special techniques.  Seems like that's a vulnerability to westerly winds of over 80-90 mph.  Gets in there and houses ain't meant to take internal pressures.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.