Author Topic: Dear Patient: please lay off the ass grabbing  (Read 2183 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Dear Patient: please lay off the ass grabbing
« on: October 15, 2019, 04:51:44 PM »
28 year old male with no significant dental, medical or psychiatric history.  Comes in for his very first dental appointment to establish care.  On his way out after the appointment, he literally grabs the ass of the dental assistant and asks the receptionist for her phone number while obviously staring down the front of her blouse and licking his lips.  It was like some sort of cheesy movie.

So, I have someone who is old enough to know better, and does not have a medical/psych rationale for his bad behavior, such as dementia, TBI or the like.  Plus we are caring for him as a charity case and he is staying at the local mission.  Based on the number of voicemails the staff have left me, Mr. Patient is going to get my Mr. Patient you are fired immediately from the practice letter. 

Please don't raise your children to be ass-grabbers.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Dear Patient: please lay off the ass grabbing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 05:02:10 PM »
2x4, apply directly to the forehead

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 06:14:29 PM »
Bill Clinton?

oh, wait you said 28yr old
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 07:08:38 PM »
You sure about the no mental health issues? Just because he doesn't have the medical history, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. You say he doesn't have the history, but does he have any evaluation in what history he has?

Not that he can be coming in and grabbing asses, just that you said he's old enough to know better and he's a charity case which makes me think part of the reason he could be in that situation might be psychiatric that hasn't been diagnosed or treated. I.E. maybe a referral to a shrink before firing him?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »
Not that he can be coming in and grabbing asses, just that you said he's old enough to know better and he's a charity case which makes me think part of the reason he could be in that situation might be psychiatric that hasn't been diagnosed or treated. I.E. maybe a referral to a shrink before firing him?

Or maybe a referral to a shrink after firing him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 07:47:32 PM »
You sure about the no mental health issues? Just because he doesn't have the medical history, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. You say he doesn't have the history, but does he have any evaluation in what history he has?

Nope, just fire him. Psych issues or not he does not know his boundaries. You shouldn't get a pass just because you may have "issues", maybe a less severe beat down. In my world as an ER Manager my Nurses would let me know immediately what happened and the next group of people he would have been talking to would be wearing badges.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »
<Geriatric paranoia speaking here>

Watch it.  Some of these people can get pretty vengeful.  And they run around loose most of the day.

</Geriatric paranoia speaking here>

Bluestarlizzard:

... which makes me think part of the reason he could be in that situation might be psychiatric that hasn't been diagnosed or treated.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Terry

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:33:57 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
Nope, just fire him. Psych issues or not he does not know his boundaries. You shouldn't get a pass just because you may have "issues", maybe a less severe beat down. In my world as an ER Manager my Nurses would let me know immediately what happened and the next group of people he would have been talking to would be wearing badges.

bob

*shrug* I'm not saying it gives him a pass. I'm saying his behavior could indicate an underlying problem, and for health care professionals I would think that falls into the spirit of obligated to report, even if it doesn't hit on legally required to report.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BobR

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »
The thing is. report to whom? Unless he is a danger to himself or others even reporting it won't accomplish a thing. A mental health Professional will come out to see him and say there is nothing we can do. That is the state of mental health care in WA state. Everyone makes a big deal out of saying we need to have more mental health care for the homeless but you cannot force them to seek or obtain mental health care. If and when they become a danger to themselves or others they will get into the system, maybe.   =|

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 08:56:14 PM »
It sounds like he needs a stern talking-to from a company that deals in shaving products.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 09:23:33 PM »
It sounds like he needs a stern talking-to from a company that deals in shaving products.

:laugh:

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 09:26:04 PM »
The thing is. report to whom? Unless he is a danger to himself or others even reporting it won't accomplish a thing. A mental health Professional will come out to see him and say there is nothing we can do. That is the state of mental health care in WA state. Everyone makes a big deal out of saying we need to have more mental health care for the homeless but you cannot force them to seek or obtain mental health care. If and when they become a danger to themselves or others they will get into the system, maybe.   =|

bob

"spirit of"

You have a patient with a possible mental health problem and you don't think you have any obligation to even make any effort to see that it gets checked out?  =|

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 09:29:07 PM »
Having spoken with the dental team involved, we are confident that he has no obvious psychiatric pathology, and he is just being a sexist ahole.  Such people exist.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 09:38:07 PM »
Having spoken with the dental team involved, we are confident that he has no obvious psychiatric pathology, and he is just being a sexist ahole.  Such people exist.

True. And being an ahole could also answer the question of why he's in his current predicament when it comes to his overall living situation.  =)

BobR

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »
"spirit of"

You have a patient with a possible mental health problem and you don't think you have any obligation to even make any effort to see that it gets checked out?  =|

How would you do that? Hold him against his will until you can get him checked out? It doesn't work that way, even crazy people have rights. You can make referrals for him but you can't force it on him.

bob

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »
How would you do that? Hold him against his will until you can get him checked out? It doesn't work that way, even crazy people have rights. You can make referrals for him but you can't force it on him.

bob

I didn't say force it? Where did I say force it? My original comment was make a freeking referral! I would think you'd feel at least an obligation to just SAY something to the effect SOMEWHERE, that the idea had been considered and passed on to the patient with the offer of access to at least evaluation.

;/

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 09:57:45 PM »
Seems to me grabbing ass has to be legally some kind of assault.  There's your window of opportunity should you desire one.

Terry

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:12:03 PM by 230RN »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »
Seems to me grabbing ass has to be legally some kind of assault.  There's your window of opportunity should you desire one.

Terry

In Seattle, the police don't respond, and the City does not prosecute, these sort of issues involving the homeless.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »
Maybe its some weird form of tourettes that causes him to stare at tits and grab asses instead of vocalizing random profanities?

That would be one hell of a medical condition to have.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
In Seattle, the police don't respond, and the City does not prosecute, these sort of issues involving the homeless.

Oh. Unwarranted assumption on my part.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:36:29 AM by 230RN »

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 12:50:20 AM »
2x4, apply directly to the forehead

Repeat as necessary
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »

bob
Police. ass grab is sexual assault.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 02:02:21 PM »
Police. ass grab is sexual assault.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 03:27:43 PM »
In Seattle, the police don't respond, and the City does not prosecute, these sort of issues involving the homeless...

...because there's no money in it.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »
...because there's no money in it.

But if someone engages in self defense against such an act of agression by such a person, well then you have someone worth prosecuting persecuting...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams