Author Topic: Make Craftsman Good Again  (Read 1651 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Make Craftsman Good Again
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2023, 08:12:47 AM »
After Dad died I was doing some work on Mom's house and very stupidly left his one tool box sit on the back porch. That's the night that one of the finer "town scum" decided to make a midnight raid. The ahole got a LOT of my Dad's good 1/2" Craftsman stuff and other hand tools. That hurt. That REALLY hurt, because I remember my Dad using those tools when I was little.

Similar situation. When I was 17, my dad got me one of the killer Christmas deals on the big (good quality era) Craftsman kits that Sears used to sell. Stolen about six years later. I'm still mad about that both because of the tool quality and the sentimental father/son aspect. It's one of the reason I hold thieves at the same level as child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Make Craftsman Good Again
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2023, 09:41:41 AM »
We had a tool thief at work. He was one of the shitbags who wouldn’t do his job right and resulted in a lot of rework. He also stole time by coming in at 7, half an hour before the bosses came in, and “correcting” his time to show a 6:00am clock in. Even when made aware of that the bosses didn’t say *expletive deleted*it to him about it.

He was very skilled at theft. He’d take care to take tools that only were used occasionally, not every day so they wouldn’t be immediately missed. He stole a Snap On battery tester and a 1” drive breaker bar from me, a Milwaukee grease gun from one of the other guys, and then from the shop he stole a Milwaukee portaband, a Milwaukee M18 Sawzall, and the most brazen, a $3500 portable AC recovery machine.

When he finally quit, the theft stopped.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!