Author Topic: I think you can all relax  (Read 8569 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: I think you can all relax
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
McCain's a mixed bag, that we already know, but as I keep saying, he buys us time, and we have up-and-comers in the wings.  Palin.  Jindal.  And others.

Translation:  'We're drowning, and desperate for anyone who will throw us a lifesaver of hope'.

Correct. 

Can I have a Wild Cherry Lifesaver of Hope?.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:24 AM »
No, actually, we can't.  The Alaskan state gov has timed the ethics investigation to go off as an October surprise, and Obama has a 30 member squad of slime-sifters on the ground.  Relaxing before it's over is sending your guy to address 250,000 adoring Germans and planning an event in an 80,000 seat venue instead of researching every possible VP pick your opponent could come up with. 

Relaxing before it's over is what has given McCain/Palin this opportunity.

Not to doubt you prognosticating prowess, but I really don't know how good your kung-fu is.

If they are relying on Wooten to save them, they really are desperate - most people when confronted with what the case is about are wondering why on earth the trooper wasnt fired in the first place, not why Palin sacked Monaghan (someone she was perfectly within her rights to sack (he did serve at the Governor's leisure, after all)). 

I agree though that people shouldnt think this is over - if they lose this despite all their advantages, the Democrats will probably implode. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »
McCain's a mixed bag, that we already know, but as I keep saying, he buys us time, and we have up-and-comers in the wings.  Palin.  Jindal.  And others.

Translation:  'We're drowning, and desperate for anyone who will throw us a lifesaver of hope'.

Correct. 

Can I have a Wild Cherry Lifesaver of Hope?.....  grin
I always preferred the green ones, myself.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
The Alaskan state gov has timed the ethics investigation to go off as an October surprise...

I believe I heard a few days ago that they had changed to an earlier date to drop the report, just to avoid it being an October Surprise.  Can't find that on the net, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 04:01:23 AM »
That's not real communism.  Just ask freakazoid.

Wink

Tongue
Actually what are the Kos Kids? I have heard them mentioned before.

I always preferred the green ones, myself.

Do they even sell them anymore? I don't think I have seen them sold at our store in a long long time.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 04:26:00 AM »
www.dailykos.com

Barking Moonbat Central
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 04:44:50 AM »
No, actually, we can't.  The Alaskan state gov has timed the ethics investigation to go off as an October surprise, and Obama has a 30 member squad of slime-sifters on the ground.  Relaxing before it's over is sending your guy to address 250,000 adoring Germans and planning an event in an 80,000 seat venue instead of researching every possible VP pick your opponent could come up with. 

Relaxing before it's over is what has given McCain/Palin this opportunity.

Not to doubt you prognosticating prowess, but I really don't know how good your kung-fu is.

The "ethics investigation" isn't going to uncover anything in a month. Whatever is going to be drummed up is already known, and they'd be leaking/running with it now if it was worth anything. Plus, there's already a big public preception that the other side is throwing everything and the kitchen sink against Palin, and it's repetitive, and none of it's sticking.

But I do agree, you never relax in a fight like this.
I promise not to duck.

onebigelf

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 05:53:16 AM »

Basically!  Go McCain/Palin!!!

John

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »
I'm not so sure.  If Obama swapped to Clinton now it would just seem trite and transparent, like "Oh yeah, well we're going to run a woman TOO, so nyah!"  It seems to me that Obama had his chance to pick Clinton and passed.

I suppose the Hillary supporters will be thrilled, but I don't think a lot of them were really going to "switch sides" to begin with.

The average voter will probably look at Hillary (shrill and disingenuous) vs Palin (likable and genuine) and things might not go so well for Obama.  The best he could hope for would be to cancel out the momentum McCain and Palin have now, and hope Hillary doesn't hurt him more than she hurts.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.