Author Topic: Grandpa is a soft touch...  (Read 2212 times)

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Grandpa is a soft touch...
« on: November 19, 2005, 04:29:52 PM »
Sarah (my daughter) and Sadie (my granddaughter) were here today so Sarah could get some Christmas shopping done with my wife.  Cold wind was blowing so I went with them to keep Sadie out of their hair.  Well, the mall has this neat kids place with climbing toys and such so we played there for a while.

Then we went into the Make Your Own Bear (or something) store and Sadie latched onto this little bear dressed in pink.  Well, grandpa couldn't pry it outta her hands and neither could the saleslady, so the little bear came home with us.

Her name is Lola, because Sarah says she is dressed like a stripper.  BTW, the little bear only cost $7, but she is wearing $11 worth of clothes.

Oh well, I spend that much on beer every week. Smiley

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 04:46:12 PM »
Another bear saved from an ignominious death. Whew!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

onions!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 05:39:44 PM »
They're both cuties!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 05:52:08 PM »
Larry-

Priceless!!

Picture says it all...

Sadie  is sure growing.  That bear her 'grandpa' got for her, will always be a priceless memory. The dividends this moment, this bear will pay off through the years - cannot ever be totaled.

Okay...where in the heck did Sadie learn about Strippers?   LOL

Umm...You know anyone in CO that can draw? *ahem*...that pic would be great to have an Artist do a rendering of...
Sadie 's eyes, personality...and 'da bear'.

Regards,

Steve

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 02:28:12 AM »
Awwwwww, how cute!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 11:11:04 AM »
That little girl is by far the cutest little bugger I've ever seen.  Must take after her gramaw.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 12:29:15 PM »
Grampster, I have to agree.  And so did almost everybody else at the mall yesterday.  People stop in their tracks when they see her and jaws just drop.  Thing is, she is 16 months old, but she only weighs about 16 lbs.  She is also VERY mobile, running all over the place, getting away from grandpa.  And, she has a big grin for anybody who pays attention to her.

Steve, great idea on the portrait.  Unfortunately, the best portrait artist I know happens to be ME.  And I haven't picked up pencil or charcoal for many years.  I used to do portraits back in the 70's of our kids and our friend's kids.  Then this one little girl stymied me, she was half Chinese and had these beautiful, mysterious eyes.  I COULD NOT capture them, no matter what I tried.  

I haven't tried since, but since I am more stubborn in my old age, maybe I ought to try again.  The skills after all, are between the ears, not in the hands.

Sadie's eyes would be a challenge, that's for sure.  Maybe Standing Wolf could give me some tips.

Thanks for all your nice comments, everybody. Smiley

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 01:40:13 AM »
Larry,
Is there any greater joy than making a little girl happy? TC
TC
RT Refugee