Author Topic: Is there a decent Enfield scope mount out there?  (Read 874 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Is there a decent Enfield scope mount out there?
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
I was digging in my gun room and picked up the sportered Ishapore Enfield that I have. I got a B-Square clamp-on mount in it. I am not liking that mount at all.

Considering it's sportered all to hell and has no collectible value whatsoever, I wouldn't mind drilling and tapping. Iron sights and scout scopes are not an option as everything related to the original sights fell victim to the sporterizer's grinder.

So, is there a decent mount that could be put on the Ishapore 2A Enfield? Preferably one that doesn't cost a lot.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Jim147

• friends
Re: Is there a decent Enfield scope mount out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
Could the side of the receiver be tapped for this one?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1502/avs%7CMake_3=Enfield/Product/ENFIELD-No-4-No-5

I haven't seen it in stock for a while but my brother likes the one he has on his #4. Now you've made me go look and see what my other Mk. 1 is.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Is there a decent Enfield scope mount out there?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »
I don't know. I'd want to see it before tossing $75 at it.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein