Author Topic: At least 112,000 people found to be double registered  (Read 1366 times)

Desertdog

• friends
At least 112,000 people found to be double registered
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:32 PM »
I thought registered more than once was illega, but I guess not.  Or is it?

Vote-happy residents cast ballots twice
At least 112,000 people found to be double registered
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80070

Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel has launched a full investigation into allegations of double voting in several states.

"You vote where you live," Handel said. "You don't get to pick and choose based on what is a battleground state."

Atlanta's WSB-TV Channel 2 reported it found more than 112,000 people registered to vote in two states and three Georgia residents who may have voted twice.

The station claims to have spent the month of October comparing Georgia's voter rolls with records in Florida and Ohio. While the report states there is no law requiring voters to take themselves off of one state's rolls before registering in another state, and no federal voter database to track them, some of the voters proceeded to cast their ballots in both places.

Thomas Hable is registered at an address in Hartwell, Ga., but he was visiting his other home in Marco Island, Fla., at the time of the report. However, Georgia's secretary of state claims Hable early voted in a Georgia elections office on Oct. 1.

Chief Registrar Elizabeth Ford witnessed Hable casting his vote at the Hart County, Ga., elections office. However, Hable is also listed in Florida secretary of state records for voting in that state on Oct. 25.

When a reporter questioned Hable in Tampa, he admitted voting in Florida, but he denied casting a ballot in Georgia.

The station checked Georgia's master voter rolls and found 42,000 people who are also registered in Florida. According to the report, three appear to have double voted – which is a felony. Eight people who had voted in Florida received Georgia absentee ballots, while three people voted in Ohio and were also mailed Georgia ballots.

Asked if the U.S. system simply trusts that voters won't cast ballots twice, Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel replied, "From the federal level, yes, pretty much."

Handel's office is working with Ohio and Florida to cross-check voter rolls.

"Anyone who votes twice is undermining the core of our democratic process," Handel said. "That is serious, and we will pursue this to the fullest extent."

While the states will compare rolls after a president is chosen, anyone who has submitted two ballots will have both votes counted in today's election.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: At least 112,000 people found to be double registered
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »
Better source than World Nut Daily?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.