Author Topic: Teens Attempt To Rob Man Of His New Air Jordans  (Read 4921 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Teens Attempt To Rob Man Of His New Air Jordans
« on: December 23, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »
Juveniles go to the Dayton Mall to get the new limited release of Air Jordans.  They are unsuccessful, so they attempt to rob a person who did purchase the Air Jordans.  They made an error in victim selection, as the intended victim was a valid Ohio CHL holder.  He drew is weapon and shot and killed the juvenile that was holding the gun.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/police-respond-to-shooting-outside-dayton-mall/njXmr/

He had a troubled past but was turning it around. In his short time in his new city (August 2014) he was charged with petty theft for allegedly stealing items from a Kroger, disorderly conduct for  allegedly punching a student from another school at a basketball game.  He was also in possession of a small baggie of marijuana while at school.  Quote from School Principal:  
Cotter said she feels for the “entire Middie family.” Cotter said today’s youth are growing up in a “dangerous and precarious situation.” “These are harsh times,” she said. “These kids appear to be so big on the outside, but they’re little inside. They are having to cope with so much.”

Bullshit he put himself in that position not society.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/teen-shot-at-mall-had-troubled-past-but-was-making/njYn5/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:48:06 AM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Teens Attempt To Rob Man Of His New Air Jordans
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
If he was turning it around, he must have done a 360.  Armed robbery isn't exactly turning over a new leaf.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »
Neither link seems to work at 7:47 AM MST 23 Dec 14.

The page could not be found

We're sorry, the page you requested could not be found. It is possible that the address is incorrect, or that the page no longer exists.

To look further, you can enter a search term in the box below:

IF this is the same incident, it has a totally different perspective:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2012/12/20/16-year-old-kid-shot-killed-over-air-jordans/

???
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:54:57 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »
Neither link seems to work.

Sorry...fixed links.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »
The articles read like the young man was killed unexpectedly, as if a piano fell out of the sky and landed on him.

The constant refusal by the mainstream media to admit the cause and effect results of being an armed robber and thug is amazing.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
Neither link seems to work at 7:47 AM MST 23 Dec 14.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2012/12/20/16-year-old-kid-shot-killed-over-air-jordans/

???

Not the same.
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »
hey are unsuccessful, so they attempt to rob a person who did purchase the Air Jordans.

Almost like hunting over a bait pile.  :police:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »

Not the same.

Wow.  Two teens shot over Air Jordans.

The solution is obvious.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
Perhaps I'm reading in a biased manner, but this quote from one of the pastors almost makes it sound like maybe the victim should have just given up the property he legally purchased and possessed, because the assailant didn't have them. Don't they teach, "Thou shalt not steal" (especially via the barrel of a gun)  in church anymore?

He said losing a life over a pair of shoes shows how materialistic our society has become.

“It’s like, ‘I got mine. What about you?’” Bailey said.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »
And that's the guy giving moral guidance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 11:18:31 AM »
And that's the guy giving moral guidance

I would be curious as to what his quote to the media would have been if the victim had indeed given up his property, then as the thug was smugly walking down the road, he had a gun shoved in his face by another thug who wanted the shiny new tennies? If thug #1 had shot thug #2 to defend his new property? Or if thug #2 had shot thug #1 because he "didn't give it up"?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »
I would be curious as to what his quote to the media would have been if the victim had indeed given up his property, then as the thug was smugly walking down the road, he had a gun shoved in his face by another thug who wanted the shiny new tennies? If thug #1 had shot thug #2 to defend his new property? Or if thug #2 had shot thug #1 because he "didn't give it up"?

There is also no guarantee that the would be victim doesn't end up shot after he turns his shoes over to his assailants. If the assailants are willing to kill you over a pair of shoes, its not a stretch, and the evidence bears this out, that they would be willing to kill you just for the fun of it.

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
I deal with folks like this a lot. They are often misinformed by the misinformed

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
Off topic but:
That juvenile, identified as 16-year-old Jawaad Jabbar, died
I first read that as 'Jar Jar.'

Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »
I find it "Very Interesting" [/Arte Johnson voice]* that his relatives were totally unaware of the criminal activity he had been involved in before this incident.

And where are the folks clammoring for more gun control to prevent obviously (he will be diagnosed as such port-mortem, won't he?) deranged persons from getting guns?  Thankfully their voices are drowning out the questions of just where the heck a 16-year old got a gun in the first place.

The kid moved to Middleton 4 months ago and since ten has been "turning his life around"?  Makes one wonder what his life was like before he moved there.

stay safe.

* - you young whippersnappers go Google it.  It's just tragic, I tell you, that kids today do not know the classics.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »
I find it "Very Interesting" [/Arte Johnson voice]* that his relatives were totally unaware of the criminal activity he had been involved in before this incident.

And where are the folks clammoring for more gun control to prevent obviously (he will be diagnosed as such port-mortem, won't he?) deranged persons from getting guns?  Thankfully their voices are drowning out the questions of just where the heck a 16-year old got a gun in the first place.

The kid moved to Middleton 4 months ago and since ten has been "turning his life around"?  Makes one wonder what his life was like before he moved there.

stay safe.

* - you young whippersnappers go Google it.  It's just tragic, I tell you, that kids today do not know the classics.
  :O  "Laugh-In" is a CLASSIC? ? ? ? ? :facepalm: :rofl: :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Teens Attempt To Rob Man Of His New Air Jordans
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
If he was turning it around, he must have done a 360.  Armed robbery isn't exactly turning over a new leaf.
Oh come now. It's not his fault he was turning about as fast as the Titanic. ..
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 12:17:26 PM »
Yeah, in another 50 or 60 years, he might give up that life of crime (if he lasts that long). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »

Well, it was turning pretty fast in the last few seconds.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
Random thought:  did Jar-Jar consider that the Air Jordans owned by his intended victim might not be the right size?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »
Random thought:  did Jar-Jar consider that the Air Jordans owned by his intended victim might not be the right size?

Probably not...

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »
I deal with folks like this a lot. They are often misinformed by the misinformed

The blind leading the blind and they both fall in the ditch?  (Matthew 15:14)
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »
Yea. It generates a lotta funerals

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »
Police said the fatal shooting of Jawaad “JJ” Jabbar... 

No one has been formally charged, but the two other juveniles involved in the attempted robbery are in custody, police said.

I'm really torn here.  =|

I don't know whether to say that I absolutely despised him in The Phantom Menace, even more than Jake Lloyd...

Or, that if one of the other two arrested was Darmok, and he was headed to Tanagra...

???
I promise not to duck.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »
Perhaps I'm reading in a biased manner, but this quote from one of the pastors almost makes it sound like maybe the victim should have just given up the property he legally purchased and possessed, because the assailant didn't have them. Don't they teach, "Thou shalt not steal" (especially via the barrel of a gun)  in church anymore?

You need to learn your place, Person of Privilege

If a "disadvantaged yout" doesn't have something that you have, and wants it, you should give it to him out of the goodness of your heart, so he doesn't have to kill you for it*. Whether that be new shoes you just purchased, your car, or letting him rape your wife or daughter, just give it to him

*And if he does decide to kill you for it, well, he was blowing off steam. Shame on you for tempting him.

Yes, that really is the way these whackjobs think. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the *expletive deleted*ing enablers and excusers are worse than the criminals themselves.

A couple of years ago when an edition of Air Jordans was released, I was at the mall with MrsSmith's daughter. The urban yout were queued up in a line (I was shocked that they were lined up) and waiting for Footlocker to open. However, they were getting rather rowdy, and with Mall security looking around rather desperately for help from any quarter, I suggested we cut our visit short before we were involved in the imminent riot, which occured shortly after we left.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:14:58 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!