Author Topic: SEIU invade private property to intimidate bank exec's teenage son  (Read 28379 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: SEIU invade private property to intimidate bank exec's teenage son
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 09:17:51 AM »

Release the Hounds.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 09:19:47 AM »
In 1990, as a newspaper reporter, I was in the middle of a VERY ugly hospital strike where SEIU was the representing union. The publisher of the newspaper, Jim, just happened to be the chairman of the hospital's board of directors. That made my job REAL fun.

SEIU pulled this crap at Jim's house while his kids were there and he was away. They also picketed the newspaper offices and several businesses of board members.

Jim took out a restraining order and asked that union members keep at least 300 yards away from his house. The Union sent their lawyer to argue against it, and when he got lippy with the judge (a real hard ass) over terms of the restraining order, the judge simply imposed everything in the order and dismissed the court.

I was threatened several times over my photographing the strikers.

The head rabble rouser fro the union. I still remember her clearly. What a *expletive deleted* obnoxious, hard core bitch of a *expletive deleted* from hell she was.  

When the strike was finally settled, both she and Jim complemented me on the neutrality and fairness of my reporting.

The unfortunately part of it is is that strike has left rifts in that community that still haven't healed after 20 years.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:19:11 AM by Monkeyleg »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
the union is not concerned in any way with rifts.
they take "my way or the highway" to a new level
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

taurusowner

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 03:32:18 PM »
the union is not concerned in any way with rifts.
they take "my way or the highway" to a new level

Which is precisely why the American auto industry is crumbling like it is. They'll destroy a company if it means a few more dollars an hour for them right now.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »
A google search of "coal company automatic weapons" could give you plenty of hits.  Company goons had crew served, subguns, grenades, etc.  Pretty much anything in the US Army standard, a lot of companies had as well.  Had to.  Unions were not infrequently violent and destructive terrorists, and more than a few companies were complete and utter scumbags that played every trick in the book to shortchange their workers.

Interesting stuff.  My grandfather was a mine sup. back in the 1930's and 40's in the otherwise peaceful UP of Michigan.  He told me about car bombings and some pretty other violent stuff.  It was pretty crazy back then.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 05:31:44 PM »
My grandfather was a mine sup. back in the 1930's and 40's in the otherwise peaceful UP of Michigan.

A bit of thread drift. My grandfather was a copper miner in the UP in the 20's, 30's and into the 40's. He worked at the Quincy mine.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
I grew up in Houghton, so I am familiar with that mine.  My grandfather managed one of the iron mines for Cleveland Cliffs. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
I have two AR15 lowers gathering dust.  I think I might build one of them up this year.

Currently I have two shotguns cruiser-ready with 6 rounds of 000 Buck each & more on-board 000 & slugs or handy.  Toss in another 9 rounds of .44mag in my wife's 92 lever gun.  That's it for at-hand long gun firepower.

I do think such a mob would likely disperse before I had to resort to hand guns, but a high capacity long arm or two would give me some comfort.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
If an angry mob enters my house, I will definitely be provoked into a "bad act".

This.

If I call the local LEOs and they don;t get them off my property, the same thing is likely to occur.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 12:11:58 AM »
Outside the house a flame thrower would be a damn sight better for crowd control than a belt fed. A lot cheaper and easier to obtain too. This does make me want to get and convert that Saiga I've been planning on a lot sooner.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 12:59:43 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-RT-2-20-Roofing/dp/B002FCLHWQ

it will light fresh cut wood on fire from more than three feet away.  should part a crowd like moses did the red sea
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 01:02:26 AM »
What a bunch of amateurs.  You just let them see you with a cell phone, or RC plane remote, or whatever, and let 'em know the house is wired to blow.

That simple.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:02 AM »
Outside the house a flame thrower would be a damn sight better for crowd control than a belt fed. A lot cheaper and easier to obtain too. This does make me want to get and convert that Saiga I've been planning on a lot sooner.

Amusingly, a flamethrower, despite shooting fire, is not considered a firearm.  :lol:

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:40 AM »
Amusingly, a flamethrower, despite shooting fire, is not considered a firearm.  :lol:
What is it then? Pest control device? >:D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 03:38:34 AM »
What is it then? Pest control device? >:D

Agricultural tool if I recall correctly. Think field and weed burning,. Some states have laws pertaining to such devices so YMMV.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 05:59:28 AM »
Hmmm... last time I did any research on self defense laws, the important part was "imminent danger of death or severe bodily injury"

Somehow, I think an angry mob pushing at the doors/windows of my home would qualify. Especially if, by some chance, one of those aforementioned doors/windows actually started to open...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:52 AM »

it will light fresh cut wood on fire from more than three feet away.  should part a crowd like moses did the red sea

My father tells me that he spent some time as a central heating boilerman in Leningrad. Now, boilermen worked in the basements of appartment buildings, and because gas boilers were used, they had to do very little actual work - just sit there and wat the boiler.

For some strange reason, my father tells me they were issued a torch about like the one you linked - just a longer tube that made a small, but very visible flame on one end. He explained - but I do not remember - the purpose of this contraption.

And so what happened was that one day, a group of thug-like young people knocked on the boiler room door and demanded my father open the door and give them cigarettes.

The door opens slightly, and an angry-looking dude with a huge black moustache appears, holding a torch in one hand, the flame turned up.

"Good day," my father asks, "How may I help you?"

Thug: "Uh... nevermind. Nevermind."

At which point they parted happily.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

I had no idea that you could even convert a Saiga into a flamethrower  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »
My father tells me that he spent some time as a central heating boilerman in Leningrad. Now, boilermen worked in the basements of appartment buildings, and because gas boilers were used, they had to do very little actual work - just sit there and wat the boiler.

For some strange reason, my father tells me they were issued a torch about like the one you linked - just a longer tube that made a small, but very visible flame on one end. He explained - but I do not remember - the purpose of this contraption.

And so what happened was that one day, a group of thug-like young people knocked on the boiler room door and demanded my father open the door and give them cigarettes.

The door opens slightly, and an angry-looking dude with a huge black moustache appears, holding a torch in one hand, the flame turned up.

"Good day," my father asks, "How may I help you?"

Thug: "Uh... nevermind. Nevermind."

At which point they parted happily.

the torch i have is adjustable  the "pilot" light is small pull the trigger and it roars shoots flame out in a swirling instant gout  i love it for burning leaves and starting brush/slash piles

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »
I wonder how long a union person would stand by his fellow union member after that union member took a load of buckshot to the chest.  I bet they would run screaming like little girls.......a union back in the 30s would be alot different.......You don't see that union BS here in Texas.......you can protect your property here.....chris3

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
This isn't going to be settled on anybody's front lawn or backdoor.  It's going to be settled where the spark of intimidation was first lit.  The SEIU are just messengers.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »

Oooo....   Daddy like.  I bet I can make a backpack for the fuel tank.  Thanks, C&SD!  I've been looking over flamethrowers and haven't found I liked until that one. 

I don't understand why the Army doesn't keep a few industrial sized flamethrowers around for perimeter guard.  Set a line of fire in front of an angry mob, they're not gonna cross it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

• friends
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 01:52:30 PM »
you can get em with side by side heads for twice the fun.  my single needs a new hose after 7 years outside and i got it for 99 bucks with the contractors discount  the only thing lacking is you should get one of those long lighters to fire it up. or rig an igniter system. i just drop a burning match on the ground and point the burner at it till it fires.  you can burn critters outa burrows with it too

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »
A mob that size is not stopped, even my a belt-fed M60 or M2, with a front door serving as a choke point.

You can't stop a mob that size.

If it truly boils down to gunplay, the only thing that can potentially save your bacon is pulling a Wyatt Earp.  Find the biggest bully in the lot that is one of the ringleaders.  Talk to him directly and tell him they may get you in a rush, but not until you turn his head into a canoe.  Then point to another ringleader, and say:  you, too.  And another.

Put 3-4 men on direct notice that they will warrant the loving caress of your front sight, regardless of having 50, 100 or 500 thugs with them... and hope they back off.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 02:18:05 PM »
Even if you had one of these? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun  =D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic