Author Topic: LAPD shoots drunk guy with knife, locals riot  (Read 5586 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: LAPD shoots drunk guy with knife, locals riot
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 10:22:31 PM »
No meaningful check to determine legal eligibility to vote is done.

and we know this how?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 03:16:10 AM »
No meaningful check to determine legal eligibility to vote is done.
and we know this how?

First hand experience.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 05:26:07 AM »
http://www.demos.org/pubs/Analysis.pdf

An intensive effort on the part of the federal government to
uncover and prosecute voter fraud in Wisconsin resulted in only 14 indictments and five convictions
or guilty pleas for illegal voting in an election in which over 3 million ballots were cast.16

http://www.wmitchell.edu/lawreview/documents/2.Schultz.pdf

would both disagree
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 01:20:45 PM »
Sometimes C&SD, you baffle me.  What part of "first hand experience" do you not understand?  And what does fraudulent voting in Wisconsin have to do with poor voter registration practices in Oregon?
I am going to leave the discussion at this point to avoid the inevitable, endless progression of cut and paste articles and links about a completely different part of the issue.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:24:28 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
if you read the entire article it deals with much more than wisconsin  likewise the second one. the new policy limits what i can copy.  if you'd rather not read em i understand completely