Author Topic: Clinton private email server had TS/SCI material  (Read 25397 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Clinton private email server had TS/SCI material
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2015, 01:52:50 PM »
Well I'm sure if you try you just might wind up with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head with the gun found 40 feet away.

Does not sound con vincing.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
Staffers/drones, using Windows snipping tool, cut-n-paste of contents on screen, and forwarding stuff for Hillary with just raw text content and images, stripped of all security headers.

Unless .gov applications, mail systems, and file formats were specifically designed to be proprietary, and defeat at least most of the known common screen capture functions (assuming our .gov was REALLY serious about security, and used non-commercial OS'es... of course not.) like detecting all known Windows API's that can do a screen grab, and a keyboard hook that prevents PrtScrn from keyboard input from dumping the desktop to the clipboard... there's a dozen manual ways a user could defeat it.

Hell, they could have had a staffer sitting at a desk with a smartphone, taking pictures of the screens, and forwarding them to Hillary, and the threat goes out there'll be hell to pay if anyone says word boo about it.

Well, those would be some interesting felonies. Especially sneaking a smartphone into a SCIF. AFAIK though, you can't just plug a flash drive into a SIPRNet computer to download the file you screengrabbed. It could be that particular image was initially distributed before it was classified, but I don't know how that process works.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2015, 02:11:20 PM »
So what is the deadline for new candidates to enter the race?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
So what is the deadline for new candidates to enter the race?
no deadline needed. She will be the democrat nominee and the idiots will vote for her.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
no deadline needed. She will be the democrat nominee and the idiots will vote for her.

If she manages the moron and imbecile votes too, we're screwed.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »
If she manages the moron and imbecile votes too, we're screwed.

I thought that base went without saying.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »
Part of me wonders if she really is done for and this won't fizzle. That other wings of the Democrat party have decided to let her burn.

My gut feeling is that while you always expect a Clinton to grease-weasel out of it in the end, OTOH If it was going to fizzle, it wouldn't have gotten this far...  [tinfoil]

MSNBC Mika Brzezinski looks like she's found a mouse turd on her croissant. She's actually angry. "Hillary how could you? You've screwed us all with your arrogance..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAC6iwyQYco

Totally anecdotal, my millennial co-worker who's die-hard Democrat, spoon-fed by John Stewart to believe everyone in the GOP is a mix somewhere between Santorum and Hitler, and who'd been goading me occasionally about "our next president Hillary" etc. was suddenly asking me about Ben Carson.  :rofl:
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »
Part of me wonders if she really is done for and this won't fizzle. That other wings of the Democrat party have decided to let her burn.

If they had anybody else worth a crap, I'd say she's a distraction.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 11:17:40 PM »
MSNBC Mika Brzezinski looks like she's found a mouse turd on her croissant. She's actually angry. "Hillary how could you? You've screwed us all with your arrogance..."

I despise that woman. she triggers my "push her face in" reflex every time I see her on TV, which is thankfully very rare

[barf] Mika Brzezinski
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2015, 04:00:28 AM »
It sounds like it's about time for Hillary to have another fall and head injury...cue the crazy glasses.

Seriously, I think she should be in jail.  It will be interesting to see if her closest aides are willing to go to jail to protect her.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2015, 07:13:08 AM »
A couple of things to remember:

1. Obama hates Hillary with the rage of a thousand burning suns.  He doesn't want her to be his legacy.  (notice he has not endorsed her)

2.  Elizabeth Warren is more to Obama's liking.

3.  Warren has stated that she won't run as long a Hillary is in the race.

4.  So Obama is siccing the FBI onto Hillary to knock her out of the race.  Which does not mean that her two (or more) of her aides/assistants will also find themselves under the bus. 

5.  Hillary will not be able to pin this on her aides, as the server was in her house and her email address was Hillary@clintonserver.com

6.  Hillary will tank, if she doesn't withdraw.  Biden and Warren will jump in, with Warren getting the nomination (because she will draw a lot of support from former Hillary backers and Bernie backers.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
A couple of things to remember:

1. Obama hates Hillary with the rage of a thousand burning suns.  He doesn't want her to be his legacy.  (notice he has not endorsed her)

2.  Elizabeth Warren is more to Obama's liking.

3.  Warren has stated that she won't run as long a Hillary is in the race.

4.  So Obama is siccing the FBI onto Hillary to knock her out of the race.  Which does not mean that her two (or more) of her aides/assistants will also find themselves under the bus. 

5.  Hillary will not be able to pin this on her aides, as the server was in her house and her email address was Hillary@clintonserver.com

6.  Hillary will tank, if she doesn't withdraw.  Biden and Warren will jump in, with Warren getting the nomination (because she will draw a lot of support from former Hillary backers and Bernie backers.

Pretty good analysis. I always figured that putting her in a SecState was a way to keep her under Valerie's thumb. Can't have her roaming the wilds of high paying speaking gigs and stirring up the faithful.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Clinton private email server had TS/SCI material
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2015, 08:00:50 AM »
No kidding. They'd be the ones that would do 12 months in federal prison, unless they had something that could get them a deal with the DOJ.
Everybody should keep what i called a pearl harbor file

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Clinton private email server had TS/SCI material
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »
For me, it was the code packages.

Open the package, go to jail.
Lose the package, go to jail.
Let someone else open the package, go to jail.

I was also told that the big thing for crypto violators at Leavenworth is volleyball. Crypto prisoners are generally not considered exactly dangerous, they get pretty light treatment and generally you'd prefer to be at Leavenworth than virtually any other similar prison, though it's pretty much like being in Basic. More discipline, but generally safer.
Friend did 5 of his 7 on civvie side of Leavenworth.  He said he thanked god he was a civilian. Light is a relative term
No kidding. They'd be the ones that would do 12 months in federal prison, unless they had something that could get them a deal with the DOJ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2015, 03:15:25 PM »
Wow. Now up to 300+. Admittedly, many of them are confidential, but still...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/17/official-more-than-300-clinton-emails-flagged-for-potentially-classified-info/?intcmp=hpbt1

It also begs the question of where they came from. It will be interesting to see how accountable the senders will be, since there was no way for them to miss the ".com" when they hit send. Meanwhile, Clinton's current response tactic is to say that, "Americans don't care about emails".

http://twitchy.com/2015/08/17/wow-just-wow-did-you-see-what-hillary-just-said-about-her-email-scandal/

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2015, 03:23:58 PM »
300+???

James Jesus Angleton on a pogo stick.

As someone who has some practical experience in these maters, is it bad that I want to see HRC raked over the coals and spend her last years turning big rocks into little rocks?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2015, 03:30:47 PM »
One Little Rock is enough for any country, thanks.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
As I have pointed out to several people, look at all the hacking that has been done to "secure" .gov systems (The IRS came out today and admitted that double the number of folks had their SSN's stolen.)

Also given that for somewhere between the first 3 to 6 months, there was absolutely ZERO security on Hillary's server.  None, zip, nada.

So there's a pretty good chance that her server was hacked into. 

Given that she refused to turn over approx 30,000 e-mails (and we're getting slow walked on the other 30k).

One has to wonder what type of embarrassing or incriminating information might be in the hands of a Putin or Xi or Kim Jong-un or who knows who else.  And then we have trust that she will make decisions that are in the best interest of the country, knowing that if she fails to do "their" bidding, they will publish those e-mails. 

Not Worth The Risk.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »
As I have pointed out to several people, look at all the hacking that has been done to "secure" .gov systems (The IRS came out today and admitted that double the number of folks had their SSN's stolen.)

Also given that for somewhere between the first 3 to 6 months, there was absolutely ZERO security on Hillary's server.  None, zip, nada.

One wonders.   Not behind a firewall?  No updates ever run?  Root password is "password"?

I'm kind of interested (professionally) in the level of idiocy involved.  And who actually set it up. 

"mail.clintonserver.com"?  Ya think?

Given that she refused to turn over approx 30,000 e-mails (and we're getting slow walked on the other 30k).

One has to wonder what type of embarrassing or incriminating information might be in the hands of a Putin or Xi or Kim Jong-un or who knows who else.  And then we have trust that she will make decisions that are in the best interest of the country, knowing that if she fails to do "their" bidding, they will publish those e-mails. 

They pass that stuff around, and laugh, at their tyrant sleepover parties.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »
As the plot thickens, Clinton's lawyer may in fact not have a security clearance, and apparently he had his subordinates sift through the emails for him. I'll bet good money none of them have one.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »

Not Worth The Risk.

"Paging Edward Snowden to the Kremlin press briefing room. Edward Snowden to the microphone, please..."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »
10:1 nothing comes out of this.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/14/hero-marine-nailed-for-sending-classified-report-from-personal-email.html

Compare/contrast.

Clinton could still become president after her email scandal, but a decorated Marine is being forced out over one classified report he sent to avert a disaster.

No matter how much classified material is found in her personal email server, Hillary Clinton will no doubt continue campaigning to become our next president.

Meanwhile, a decorated Marine officer who has deployed four times faces being discharged from the corps he loves because he used his personal email to send a single classified report as an urgent warning when lives were at stake.
He was in a graduate school class on July 25, 2012, with his laptop open when he received an email in his Yahoo account from Marine Major Andrew Terrell. Brezler had served with Terrell at FOB Delhi in 2010.

“IMPORTANT: SARWAR JAN IS BACK!!!” the subject line read.
“My reaction was visceral, and just seeing his name brought me great concern,” Brezler later testified.

The accompanying message from Terrell read, “Jason, I just got an email from one of my friends in Afghanistan; he just met Sarwar Jan. He is looking for anything we have on him. Do you still have that paper Larissa wrote on this guy in Now Zad? It could be very helpful. Anything you can think of would be useful. Thanks brother, Andrew.”

Larissa Mihalisko was a Marine intelligence officer who had prepared a report on Jan with information provided by Brezler and Terrell. Brezler had kept a copy along with other necessary operation reports on the personal laptop he used in the war zone, the Marines not having provided him one.

Now, in the moments after he received the urgent message from Terrell, Brezler decided it was great luck that he had downloaded the hard drive from that laptop onto his new one.

“I immediately typed ‘search’ and ‘Sarwar Jan’ and uploaded the document,” he would recall in court papers.

In the next instant, he sent the report to the email address that Terrell had provided for another Marine in Afghanistan. He gave no thought to the document’s classification.

“I just reacted the same way that I would in a gunfight; the same way I would at a fire,” he said in the court papers. “I just immediately reacted.”

Brezler’s lawyer argued that the Marines were seeking to punish a whistleblower.

Brezler asked the Marine in Afghanistan to confirm that he received the message.

Brezler got no response and emailed him again. The Marine responded, saying Brezler had sent him a classified document via a private civilian account on an unsecured server.

“I had it on a hard drive from Now Zad and it was the only way to get it to you,” Brezler emailed back. “Andy said you need it.”

Brezler knew the document had been classified, but he figured that had likely changed with the passage of time. And he was only passing on to a fellow Marine what he and Terrell had reported in the first place.

But he could tell that the other Marine was taking it as a breach of security.

Brezler had still been in class during all this. He continued to live by the Naval Academy honor code, and he used the lunch break to call a Marine higher-up to report himself.

“I got his voice mail and went back to class,” Brezler later testified. “The next break, I reached out to him again.”

The higher-up answered and a series of notifications followed. Brezler made no excuses.
Brezler was reprimanded for the security breach. And it all might have ended there had he not learned that the families of the three murdered Marines—Staff Sergeant Scott Dickinson, Corporal Richard Rivera Jr., and Lance Corporal Gregory Buckley Jr.—were having difficulty getting the full story behind the killings.

Brezler sought the advice of a retired FDNY firefighter who had lost two sons in the 9/11 attacks. The firefighter put him in touch with Representative Peter King (R-NY). Word also reached The Marine Corps Times.

Suddenly, some of the Marine brass decided that a reprimand was not enough. Brezler could not help but notice that nobody was being investigated for failing to act on the report itself.

[barf]  just  [barf]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »
10:1 nothing comes out of this.

I don't think she's going to get the nomination, but she won't be punished in any way other than maybe a "tsk, tsk" in the NYT.

Lois Lerner is collecting a nice pension. The director of the IRS still has his job. The director of Veterans Health Administration was allowed to retire. Planned Parenthood will apparently continue to receive funding, and nobody apparently is going to be arrested for violating federal laws.

There's two sets of laws in this country. One for the elite and the connected, and another for the rest of us. The elites can do anything up to and including negligent homicide and walk away (see Kennedy, Edward Moore).

brimic

• friends
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2015, 11:35:56 AM »
I don't think she's going to get the nomination, but she won't be punished in any way other than maybe a "tsk, tsk" in the NYT.

Lois Lerner is collecting a nice pension. The director of the IRS still has his job. The director of Veterans Health Administration was allowed to retire. Planned Parenthood will apparently continue to receive funding, and nobody apparently is going to be arrested for violating federal laws.

There's two sets of laws in this country. One for the elite and the connected, and another for the rest of us. The elites can do anything up to and including negligent homicide and walk away (see Kennedy, Edward Moore).

Yes. Plus the fact that if Hillary were ever going to prison, she would have 20 years ago.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama