Author Topic: Dems sounding fears about party extinction in rural America  (Read 1843 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Dems sounding fears about party extinction in rural America
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 09:19:07 AM »
Meanwhile they're pumping out millions of mindless minions out of dem run public schools in the cities and running more across the border.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 09:46:54 AM »
Well I don’t know why that could be when they’ve caused fuel and food to skyrocket and take to Twitter and the MSM to cry about how everybody rural is a bunch of cousin *expletive deleted*ing inbred retarded deplorables who are the lowest forms of life imaginable.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 10:46:02 AM »
There are still some alive who have voted Dem all their life where I grew up.  Probably not as many as their were 20 years ago.  That whole idea of the racists in the South switching parties at some point is laughable. 

Maybe extinction of elected Democrats, but there will always be Democrats there partly because Republicans (as a whole) haven't shown the ability to be a much better option.  Plus, as soon as one party appears to be the dominant party, the up and coming con men/politicians run for office in the other party and effectively drag it down. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »
"because Republicans (as a whole) haven't shown the ability to be a much better option. "

QFT, unfortunately.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 11:03:16 AM »
An outright evil party versus a less evil party that is also quite incompetent.  What a great choice.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 11:17:27 AM »
An outright evil party versus a less evil party that is also quite incompetent.  What a great choice.

Like when someone asks you who will win the Super Bowl and you hate both teams and you're forced to pick one.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »
Because not everyone wants to live like the big city folks do and they can't understand that. Same as the big city folks don't want to live like the rural folks.

Folks that live in the more rural areas and smaller towns/cities, typically choose to live there. I being one of them don't care if we have a Costco nearby, most of shopping is done locally, if they don't have it, we probably didn't need it anyways. We know that if it snows, we are responsible to dig out our own driveway and sidewalks. etc. We are content with the local restaurants and get excited about hot turkey sandwich Tuesday at the local cafe. I know many of my neighbors with in 2 blocks of my house and many a Saturday I struggle to get yard work done in the front yard because all the neighbors like to pull over on the street and chat for a minute. etc.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »
Because not everyone wants to live like the big city folks do and they can't understand that. Same as the big city folks don't want to live like the rural folks.
That sort of separation might cause an interesting shift.  However, not all rural areas are as rural as they used to be . 

I would also say the Dems stopped representing the blue collar working class a long time ago.  That is a part of the shift and not quite the same as rural/urban.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 11:40:10 AM »
That sort of separation might cause an interesting shift.  However, not all rural areas are as rural as they used to be . 

I would also say the Dems stopped representing the blue collar working class a long time ago.  That is a part of the shift and not quite the same as rural/urban.

That is true too. What happened with the school board in San Fran hopefully is a little warning to stop heading in that direction.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 11:58:41 AM »
That is true too. What happened with the school board in San Fran hopefully is a little warning to stop heading in that direction.

Speed bump nothing more
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 12:08:47 PM »
The Dems will be voted out in the next two elections and yet will still be in power behind the scenes. It will be the Republican side of the uniparty taking control. The Republican voters will get some scraps but the overall uniparty agenda will progress. As long as McConnel and McCarthy are the leaders we know nothing has changed.

The maga folks might not be part of the uniparty. It feels like Trump and his group are outsiders but I'm not so sure about that at all.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 12:20:45 PM »
"I would also say the Dems stopped representing the blue collar working class a long time ago. "

The only "blue collar support" the Dems have been providing for the last few decades is for unions, and then it's specious support, at best.

Dems support unions (that is, union leadership, not the rank and file) because unions continue to pour millions of dollars into Democratic coffers.

What's really telling, though, is just how many have quit their unions. In the 1970s over 30% of American workers were union members. Today it's under 12%, with most of those union members being public service. Private company union membership is now below 7%.

Democrats have done their level best to pass laws that would force workers back into union membership, or at least allow unions to collect dues from even nonmembers. Can't give up on those campaign contributions.

Is it any wonder that the Democrats have been losing union member support when they've gone to war with the oil, coal, and natural gas industries? What union member wants to see his dues go to a party that's actively trying to destroy his means of making a living?

It was made really clear to a lot of rank and file in 2020 when Brandon immediately cancelled the Keystone XL pipeline, despite getting the endorsement of the United Association of Union Plumbers and Pipefitters, whose members would have greatly benefited from the line's construction. Allegedly UA lost a BUNCH of members over that.

It's not unlike gun owners in Tennessee and West Virginia finally getting their heads out of their asses and throwing their support to George Bush II back in 2000. They got tired of Democrats continuing to blame them personally for ever murder and mass shooting.

Took them long enough.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 01:41:26 PM »

That.  Thatthatthat.

Evil Party vs. Stupid Party
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 02:16:50 PM »
My advice to both sides would be if they are not happy with Govt, vote against the incumbent.  If they don't want to vote for the other party, then vote for a different candidate in the same party.  Make sure there is a regular change in office holders and don't vote for politicians that are just climbing the ladder. 

George P. Bush is one of those in Texas.  I am not sure if I can vote for a Democrat, but I am not voting for him.  I think he is running for attorney general in Texas.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 06:57:10 PM »
That.  Thatthatthat.

Evil Party vs. Stupid Controlled Opposition Party

They only act stupid.  I really wish people would stop attributing to ignorance that which has been shown to be malfeasance.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2022, 07:27:18 PM »
Let me tell you about some people...

They pull up in a truck that I KNOW has a little turbocharged engine in it.

They go to the back of the store, and pick up a quart of 10w-40 oil.

"You gonna put that in that nice new truck?"

"Yeah - it's what my daddy always used, because his daddy used it."

"You gonna blow up your turbocharger if you use that."

"It ain't got a turbocharger - it's an ecowhoozis."

"Okay - you still gonna blow it up - And the truck has two of them, and they cost $900 each. Check your owners' manual."

"Shut your whore mouth - this is Daddy's oil!"
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2022, 08:46:51 PM »
^^

That is why I give the parts store employee  a part number to otder and don't solicit advice from them.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 04:42:26 PM »
Okay - ignore my ASE-certed part-timer...

That was basically a rant I heard from him the other day.

Run whatever you feel like. And make sure you have the part number for that turbo. Seems that a lot of them are crapping out at about 100k...
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »
OK, let's play your silly game:

First: Crapped out WITH oil or crapped out FROM oil?

Second:  I'll see your ASE Parts guy and chime in with 22 years of working on engines, most of them turbocharged.  Ford calls for 5W-30 in the F-150 Ecoboosts, that's what I run.  10W-40 is thicker, and I might be concerned about dry cams at startup and cam phasers not coming up fast enough.  (The DOHC in Aluminum heads is what the 5W is speced for), but it's pretty unlikely that one grade thicker will do much of anything.  One thing it won't do is much of anything to the water-cooled K03's on an ecoboost.

The failures that are happening are mostly wastegate or wastegate actuator failures, and mostly on engines with higher than stock boost.

So yeah, you could have offered him the 5W-30 synthetic that is speced, but pretending that one grade higher viscosity will kill an engine, then getting it completely wrong on what might get damaged doesn't really add to your credibility.  Boasting about how right you are on the internet when you're mistaken just shows you haven't had one of those motors apart.

but you did manage to:
Quote from: Bogie
tell you about some people...

just not the people you intended.

Now I'll let everyone get back to the regularly scheduled thread about Democrats.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 05:43:27 PM »
There were a lot of old dem around here when I moved to the area in '96. All the old farts passed away.

The easy way to kill a turbo is to run it hot and then shut it off.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2022, 09:04:34 PM »
Dude, I see people take that 10w-40 that Daddy liked, and also dump in a quart of the Lucas oil treatment stuff that the used car dealers use to make engines run nice and quiet until they get off the lot...

And then they drive it like they stole it. "My oil pressure light came on, so I drove from Ferguson to buy some."

Lots of really smart people out there. They'll tell you all about it.

I'm dumb. If the book tells me to use Ow-20 or 5w-20, that's what I'm going with. Even that Ow-16... ZOMG...

Oh, and the guy I have part-time moonlighting has about 30 years of experience wrenching - this is an easy way for him to make holiday money - he sits and talks to commercial customers, etc, etc...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2022, 08:32:46 AM »
Dude, I see people take that 10w-40 that Daddy liked, and also dump in a quart of the Lucas oil treatment stuff that the used car dealers use to make engines run nice and quiet until they get off the lot...

And then they drive it like they stole it. "My oil pressure light came on, so I drove from Ferguson to buy some."

Lots of really smart people out there. They'll tell you all about it.

I'm dumb. If the book tells me to use Ow-20 or 5w-20, that's what I'm going with. Even that Ow-16... ZOMG...

Oh, and the guy I have part-time moonlighting has about 30 years of experience wrenching - this is an easy way for him to make holiday money - he sits and talks to commercial customers, etc, etc...

Yeah, you still don't know *expletive deleted*it, you slack jawed yokel!

I got my information of the internets! If it's on the internets, it has to be true!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2022, 08:42:30 AM »

Yeah, you still don't know *expletive deleted*it, you slack jawed yokel!

I got my information of the internets! If it's on the internets, it has to be true!

Scotty Kilmer  :P
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2022, 10:18:38 AM »
I dunno, they are here and very very progressive. I think there are rural campaigns to assist progressives in moving in. Saw someone ask a question in a local that group thought I recognized the name, I looked and I did, local failed candidate for delegate. Lost by 10k in a 40k vote race but I cannot discount them. Their Facebook profile was all about unionize the workers zomg hunters etc. When I got my covid vaccine I did not recognize the small town I got it in. Workers and recipients at the vaccine event were not of local heritage stock. The small town in a deep red area had lots of progressive signage. I think each generation of do gooders sets out to colonize the poor benighted rural lands and help the aboriginals they find there. Do some farm markets selling local stuff, they are out there and nuts.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.