Author Topic: Yes, Virginia. Yes we can!  (Read 1353 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Yes, Virginia. Yes we can!
« on: August 02, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
http://www.oag.state.va.us/OPINIONS/2010opns/10-047-Marshall.pdf

Virginia AG says Virginia law enforcement officers - but not zoning enforcement staff - may arrest for criminal violation of Federal immigration law, as well as inquire of immigration status of persons detained/arrested for other criminal acts.

Well written opinion.  And a good example of how to ask the question in order to best assure getting the answer you hope for.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Yes, Virginia. Yes we can!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »
I start the clock to see how long it takes Holder to begin disparaging VA for justly prosecuting opprobriously persecuting those parasitic ER-stiffing criminal invaders poor under-privileged undocumented workers.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »
I start the clock to see how long it takes Holder to begin disparaging VA for justly prosecuting opprobriously persecuting those parasitic ER-stiffing criminal invaders poor under-privileged undocumented workers.

But Virginia has been doing that for several years already.  Holder even gave us money to train literally scads of our cops on how to check immigration status, and sponsored the DHS/ICE grant application for the special facility that was built to hold the undocumented illegal immigrants pending deportation hearings/being tossed out on their business-class keisters.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »
Well, Virginia, don't get too good at what you're doing.  The Feds don't like that.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.