Main Forums > Politics

Dems look to be getting extra desperate...

<< < (32/33) > >>

WLJ:

--- Quote from: K Frame on November 06, 2022, 05:51:19 PM ---I got me a strong hankering for some soft liberal liver.

--- End quote ---

with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: WLJ on November 06, 2022, 05:59:22 PM ---If the usual pattern holds when the Ds start accusing the Rs of doing something the Ds are the ones doing it.

--- End quote ---

This. This right here. They're already taking political prisoners. If they're killing dissidents yet, they're at least trying to hide it.

Northwoods:

--- Quote from: HankB on November 06, 2022, 05:57:15 PM ---I wouldn't think anyone could stomach that level of malodorous bile.

--- End quote ---

Just don’t knick the gall bladder.

RocketMan:

--- Quote from: RocketMan on June 19, 2022, 03:00:42 PM ---Not an "oopsie" as was stated in the article.  Someone somewhere on the Dem side let something slip.  There's going to be a lot of folks on the right disappointed when the expected "Red Tsunami" turns out to be a red wavelet, or even a blue wavelet.
--- End quote ---

It looks like I won't be eating crow anytime soon.  Things are turning out pretty much as I expected.  The red tsunami looks to have turned into a red wavelet.  At best they may pick up enough seats in the house for a bare majority.  But I have my doubts about even that happening.

AZRedhawk44:

--- Quote from: Pb on September 28, 2022, 10:27:53 AM ---Federal laws against abortion are perfectly constitutional.  It is right there in the 14th amendment. 

Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 5
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

The 14th was written, in part, because Democrats were allowing black Americans to be terrorized and killed.  The 14th Amendment prohibits allowing states to legalize killing of innocent people.  Ordinarily, there is no federal role in prosecuting murder cases.  When states allow innocent people to be killed, then the Federal government has a role to prevent the states from doing this.

This is exactly what most states are doing now with unborn people.

Would the Supreme Court agree with me?  No.  I am I right?  Sure, I am.  It is right there in plain English.  States can't let innocent people be killed.  And stabbing someone in the base of her skull with scissors, and sucking out her brains at seven months gestation counts as "depriving someone of life" in my book.

--- End quote ---

Citizenship is a function of birth, not conception.  A child can be conceived in China, but born in the USA.  Or conceived in the USA, but born in Cuba.

The Constitution is quite clear on birth being the issue, not conception.  When talking about presidential eligibility and about rights of citizens in particular.

I can see abortion being a State issue, but there's no Federal law against murder.  Not all crimes need to be addressed at the Federal level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version