Author Topic: But I self identify as having raised $5 Million  (Read 770 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
But I self identify as having raised $5 Million
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/brady-campaign-raises-5m-post-sandy-hook-86157.html

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has raised about $5 million since late December, a spokeswoman for the group told POLITICO.
The group announced its fundraising haul after the National Rifle Association told POLITICO it increased its membership by 100,000 following the Sandy Hook massacre.

The $5 million haul is close to double what the group pulled in 2010, according to the most recent tax documents available. That year, their total revenue was $2.8 million. The group’s expenses exceeded total revenue by about $222,000.

And now for the big reveal: http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2015/07/brady_campaign_48.php

But if you look at Brady's IRS Form 990 report, its total fundraising for 2012 was $4.8 million, and for 2013 was $4.2 million. (That's gross: net would be those figures minus fundraising expenses of $1 million and $800,000 respectively). So the surge in funding Brady claimed was in fact more than it brought in total for either year in question. And the 2013 claim was that the cash had come in "since late December (2012)," but in fact 2013 saw a fundraising decline of 13%.

On the bright side, it appears they figured out how to keep from spending more than they took in.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: But I self identify as having raised $5 Million
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »
NRA came in with nasty big scary gunz and stole there moneyz.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 04:43:45 PM »
On the bright side, it appears they figured out how to keep from spending more than they took in.

Well, they've got Congress beat.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 04:48:07 PM »
Don't rule out the possibility of Bloomberg and/or Soros writing them a nice big check.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 06:45:35 PM »
Don't rule out the possibility of Bloomberg and/or Soros writing them a nice big check.

Well, if either of them did it would be a wonderful way to trigger an IRS investigation.

Oh, wait!  Wrong political bent.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.