Author Topic: I need a vacation  (Read 1181 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
I need a vacation
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:41:50 AM »
Without boring everyone with the specifics, things are getting out of hand at work.
I need a vacation.  Just thought I'd vent.
I think I'll get some cigars and scotch, and disappear for a day or so.

USP45usp

• friend
I need a vacation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:45:52 AM »
Same here.  After six years of verbal abuse by one of the "bosses", I blew up last friday.  My "other boss" said that right now my "employment" with the company is in limbo.

Honestly, I could use some time off myself just to enjoy life abit before I have to get back into the rat race.  But, I'm already informed my boss (the other) that I will file complaints at the labor boards for hostile work environment and verbal abuse.

Wayne

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
I need a vacation
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »
Hey Wayne! Haven't seen around much lately.
Still lurking at TFL?

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
I need a vacation
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »
June 23rd, all I have to do is hold out until June 23rd.  Come on, Tejon, hold it together!:D

Off to Boston then Dallas.  So, where you guys going?Smiley
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
I need a vacation
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 11:53:50 AM »
My grandparents have a nice condo on the beach in Coronado (San Diego) that they rarely use.  I get to use it when I like, as long as they aren't planning to be there.  It's a sweet deal.  Patio, ocean, sunset, cigar.  Mmm.

USP45usp

• friend
I need a vacation
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 10:51:05 AM »
Dasmi, No.  Just mostly read now and post very little if any.  Got involved in a game, Conquer, so that's been taking up alot of time.

Thank you for asking though.

Wayne

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
I need a vacation
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 12:30:13 PM »
I'm pretty busy here at work and will be in the up and coming months.. so I took a little trip to Tulsa, OK 2 weeks ago and planing a 2-3 day getaway next week do a little spring trout fishing/turkey hunting with one of my roommates from college. I'll be too busy come summer time to get away for more than a 3 day weekend.

I'm toying around with buying an old fiberglass ski boat and restoring it this summer/winter for higher hopes of local fun next summer. We have a couple of large reservoirs with in 1.5 hour drive from where I live the closest being about 20 minutes away.

C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

DrAmazon

• friend
I need a vacation
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 06:44:40 AM »
I too need a vacation.  3 weeks until finals, two weeks of finals,meetings and graduation crap, then one week off before the 10 week summer research program starts.  I can do it, I can do it.

I do think that after I've given the last final I'm going to head to the gun range for the afternoon.  Shoot, birdwatch, eat a picnic dinner, listen to the wind in the trees, then start grading the NEXT morning.
Experiment with a chemist!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
I need a vacation
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 07:02:45 AM »
I work 7 12 hour (6p-6a) shifts in a row. Putting up with whiners, drunks, and other assorted malingerers and malcontents. Eveery now and then we get to save a life, usually without the person knowing how close to dead they were. Sometime we get a thanks, but seldom. But we do get a good feeling when we can have the helicopter on the roof within an hour of the person hitting the door. And the closest one is a 45 minute flight away.

So, every chance I get, I get out of town. This week my wife and I are in Spokane, doing some Dr's apts, seeing friends, and spending money at Best Buy. If I can't get out of town, I usually burn through various calibers of ammo on a regular schedule.

Every one needs to take care of themselves first, all others are after.

bob

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
I need a vacation
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 12:42:33 PM »
So Charby, Did you go to the gun show in Tulsa?  We did, and had a good time.  P95Carry and sm were there also.

Friday: Drive across Kansas
Saturday: Gun Show
Sunday: Drive back across Kansas.

Well, one out of three ain't bad.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
I need a vacation
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »
Larry

I drove by the expo center twice, Dad and I talked about going but we drove up to Claremore to see the Davis Gun Collection instead. Then he gave me a tour of downtown and into the old homes of the Tulsa oil money families. I like old homes and didn't have cash for any new guns with me either.  Plus my dad and I have the same interest in homes so it was a more enjoyable time together. I thought the church Frank Lloyld Wright designed was awesome.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536