Author Topic: OPERATION NORTHWOODS  (Read 898 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
OPERATION NORTHWOODS
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:53:16 PM »
I found this interesting.  I'm not saying Sept 11 was done by the government, but this does make you think.
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/
In his new exposé of the National Security Agency entitled Body of Secrets, author James Bamford highlights  a set of proposals on Cuba by the Joint Chiefs of Staff codenamed OPERATION NORTHWOODS.  This document, titled Justification for U.S. Military Intervention in Cuba was provided by the JCS to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962, as the key component of Northwoods.  Written in response to a request from the Chief of the Cuba Project, Col. Edward Lansdale, the Top Secret memorandum describes U.S. plans to covertly engineer various pretexts that would justify a U.S. invasion of Cuba.  These proposals - part of a secret anti-Castro program known as Operation Mongoose - included staging the assassinations of Cubans living in the United States, developing a fake Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington, including sink[ing] a boatload of Cuban refugees (real or simulated), faking a Cuban airforce attack on a civilian jetliner, and concocting a Remember the Maine incident by blowing up a U.S. ship in Cuban waters and then blaming the incident on Cuban sabotage.  Bamford himself writes that Operation Northwoods may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government.
And now a link to the actual government docs.
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

brimic

• friends
OPERATION NORTHWOODS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:26 PM »
Not only that, the administration hung the Cuban invasion force in the 'Bay of Pigs' incident out to dry in the most unforgivable manner.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Phantom Warrior

• friend
OPERATION NORTHWOODS
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:07:15 PM »
As a resident of the REAL north woods, I'm offended by the name choice...  Smiley

(A proud resident of Northern Minnesota)

OPERATION NORTHWOODS
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 10:10:58 AM »
Quote from: dasmi
...  I'm not saying Sept 11 was done by the government,...
September 11 was likely done by the government.