Author Topic: Having a gun will just make the situation worse...  (Read 1198 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Having a gun will just make the situation worse...
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »
...for the aggressor:

https://gma.yahoo.com/georgia-man-turns-tables-carjacker-messed-big-time-205849153--abc-news-topstories.html

I don't know that I'd hold the man at gunpoint. I hope the intended victim didn't screw things all up for hisself.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
Re: Having a gun will just make the situation worse...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
...for the aggressor:

https://gma.yahoo.com/georgia-man-turns-tables-carjacker-messed-big-time-205849153--abc-news-topstories.html

I don't know that I'd hold the man at gunpoint. I hope the intended victim didn't screw things all up for hisself.

Zimmerman worshiper!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »
I love a happy ending!

I hope the intended victim didn't screw things all up for hisself.

He didn't.

Zimmerman worshiper!

:rofl:

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »
you woke up stupid, didn't you

:rofl: :rofl:
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 11:48:07 PM »
Great quote. I liked that the one cop walked up and shook the "victim's" hand.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 12:07:32 AM »
Another happy ending story.  =D

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 12:17:27 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 10:03:52 AM »
Good story. The only part I didn't like was:

Ralph Woolfolk of the Atlanta Police Department told ABC News via email today: "Every situation is unique. Generally speaking, we advise citizens to take themselves out of harm’s way and to contact 911, so that police may respond to the situation."

While I try my best to stay out of harm's way and avoid trouble, if harm steps in front of me, maybe I'll move, maybe I won't. In this case, it appears the "victim" was in Condition Yellow and reacted quickly. "Taking himself out of the way" would have only resulted in the loss of his property, and perhaps the loss of his life.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »
Ralph Woolfolk of the Atlanta Police Department told ABC News via email today: "Every situation is unique. Generally speaking, we advise citizens to take themselves out of harm’s way and to contact 911, so that police may respond to the situation wait until it's safe and then show up to count the cartridge cases."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 04:51:25 PM »
Ralph Woolfolk of the Atlanta Police Department told ABC News via email today: "Every situation is unique. Generally speaking, we advise citizens to take themselves out of harm’s way and to contact 911, so that police may respond to the situation wait until it's safe and then show up to count the cartridge cases."

Excellent editing job.  As they say, I scoot if safe, I shoot if not.  (Or I at least present my personal defense weapon.)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 06:01:05 PM »
Fannin said Horn got out of the car and apologized, saying he would leave. But when Horn headed to his own car, Fannin told him he wasn't going anywhere.
So he parked nearby and tried to head back to his own car?  He did wake up stupid.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 06:24:45 PM »
a good outcome.  Like the intended victim, I refuse to trust my safety and life, to the kindness of strangers.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »
...for the aggressor:

Meh. The alleged carjacker complied with instructions when faced with a gun.  If he'd have run off, and had been shot in the back....this would be a different conversation.

At least here in Texas, his actions would be legal under threat of force and prevention of a felony statutes.  Of course, he could have shot him for entering his car without permission if he felt threatened.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”